~~*BnB Exercise Journal*~~

Hi girls! I've just started going back to the gym again lately and have been so motivated to get going! Been going about twice a day - but I've started off slow like walking on an incline on the treadmill and using the elliptical... I've also been working my legs and arms with weights! I'm really looking forward to getting back in shape and you guys are an inspriration to keep me going!!

I ended up taking the 19th off so I did that workout on the 20th. LOTS OF NEW DIET JOURNALS!? It's so nice to see :) :thumbup:

Jan 20, 2010 - MEDIUM
Squats 20lbs x 5 x 2, 30lbs x 5 x 1, 45lbs x 3, 55lbs x 2
Working sets: 80lbs x 5 x 5 x 5

Press 10lbs x 5 x 2, 20lbs x 5 x 1, 30lbs x 3, 35lbs x 2
Working sets: 47.5lbs x 5 x 5 x 5

Barbell Row 25lbs x 5 x 2, 35lbs x 5 x 1, 45lbs x 3, 55lbs x 2
Working sets: 65lbs x 5 x 5 x 5

Jan 21, 2010 - LIGHT
3-4km walk + some fun at the dog park!

Hi girls! I've just started going back to the gym again lately and have been so motivated to get going! Been going about twice a day - but I've started off slow like walking on an incline on the treadmill and using the elliptical... I've also been working my legs and arms with weights! I'm really looking forward to getting back in shape and you guys are an inspriration to keep me going!!

Hey fantastic manda!!! Walking on an incline and elliptical is great! :) Get that heart rate up and enjoy :) :) :) :happydance: We look forward to seeing/hearing about your progress!

Jan 22, 2010 - OFF

Jan 23, 2010 - MEDIUM
Weights + 3km walk

Barbell Squat
45lbs x 5, 50lbs x 5, 55lbs x 5, 61.6lbs x 5, 66lbs x 5, 75lbs x 5

Press
20lbs x 5 x 2, 30lbs x 5, 35lbs x 3, 45lbs x 5 x 5 x 4

Barbell Row
30lbs x 5, 35lbs x 5, 45lbs x 5, 55lbs x 5, 60lbs x 5

Thanks Hun... Exercise is kind of addicting

The results are too :kiss:

My notes are now in blue to celebrate my blue boy news! Go team blue.

Jan 25, 2010 - LEGS
Warmup row: 5 min

Squat
BW 1x10/ 20lbs 1x10/45lbs x 3 x 8

Lunges

BW 3 x 8

Stiff-legged deadlift
BW (wood bar) 1 x 10/ 55lbs x 3 x 8

Calf raises
3 x 10

Plank
30 seconds x 1 x 3

*Planks were brutal. I used to hold these for 2 minutes! I look forward to doing this workout at full intensity after the baby, it was a lot of fun but it was hard to just do a 55lb deadlift (I was at 190lbs before pregnancy).

:hugs:

Recipe of the day - REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER SHAKE!
1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tsp flax oil
1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)

Instructions: blend

Curbs my sweet craving :thumbup:

Congrats on team blue! :happydance:

shake sounds sooo good! I have everything bar the chocolate protein powder. Sounds great post workout though.

Thank you rafwife and manda :)

Tonight's workout sucked. I'm working a night shift so I didn't start until 11pm and I'm dead tired (with another 4 hours to go). The gym is at my workplace.

Jan 26, 2010 - CHEST,TRICEPS,CORE

Warmup: Fast-pace elliptical for 5 min

Pushups
6, 6, 2 <--- I could SEE my baby hanging in my stomach by this rep. I stopped :dohh: And moved on to a chest press with a resistance band. Pushups are off the list for another 4 months.

Dips
8, 8, 8

Incline Bench
Warmup: 24lbs x 10
Working set: 45lbs x 8, 8, 8

Here's where it got ugly...

Tricep Press
Warmup: 10lbs x 10
Working set: 40lbs x 3... fade.

Tried the roman chair and faded. BLAH!

I'm going to have a green tea and eat my grill chicken, brown rice, and steamed zuchinni.

Forgot to mention I also did a one hour (5km) walk with my dog yesterday :thumbup: Nutrition was great yesterday. I ate my treat - a small bag (32g) of Lay's baked salt & vinegar potato chips. Yum, 120 cals, 2g fat!

Mmmm I love Lays. Can't really get them here though!

I'm having my treat tonight, glass of wine and some chocolate to celebrate :lol:

Sorry you felt your workout wasnt so great last night. It looks like you did great though :hugs:

Part of my course has the option to learn kettlebell instuction. Would you recommend being qualified in it?

has you midwife/health care professional told you about the hormone relaxin???
It relaxes ligaments and muscles in preperation for giving birth but it is not selective in the ligaments it relaxes.
You should really avoid any heavy lifting or lunges as ankles joints etc are weaker therefore you are more likley to get injured.
It seems you are a pro weight lifter so maybe you are aware of the risks. Some of your weights seem very heavy, hun!

just a thought..................
xxx

Mmmm I love Lays. Can't really get them here though!

I'm having my treat tonight, glass of wine and some chocolate to celebrate :lol:

Sorry you felt your workout wasnt so great last night. It looks like you did great though :hugs:

Part of my course has the option to learn kettlebell instuction. Would you recommend being qualified in it?

I would really recommend it!!! Kettlebells aren't very popular yet but it is growing. I would recommend it as it is a lot cheaper than regular weight lifting (you can start with an 8kg and just move up), plus you get the cardio component. go for it!

has you midwife/health care professional told you about the hormone relaxin???
It relaxes ligaments and muscles in preperation for giving birth but it is not selective in the ligaments it relaxes.
You should really avoid any heavy lifting or lunges as ankles joints etc are weaker therefore you are more likley to get injured.
It seems you are a pro weight lifter so maybe you are aware of the risks. Some of your weights seem very heavy, hun!

just a thought..................
xxx

Thank you for the concern MrsRH. I have been doing bodybuilding for about 3 years now, heavy weightlifting for about 6 years, so my "heavy" weights are actually extremely light for me... my deadlifts at 55lbs are about 25% less than my usual working weight :) My OBGYN is well-aware of my lifting and I am 100% cleared to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->