BnB Poler Bears

Hope your injury doesnt effect your performance too much!

I'm doing really well at the moment, lots of new moves now my arm strength is improving :D

That sounds like so much fun AP. My studio is hosting a pole2pole comp the day after my showcase and I soo wanted to enter but just don't feel prepared enough because I wouldn't be able to use the same routine as showcase.

Ouch that sounds sore.

Yeah I'm hoping it will be ok. I'm having to have lots of massages and can't rehearse as much as I would like but the night should be easier as I'll only be doing it the once rather than several times like in practice.

Get some pictures posted of your new moves :)

Some of my new moves:

1947579_292656317551783_160759453_n.jpg
1557687_274986005985481_1556518292_n.jpg
148255_277499115734170_1811060805_n.jpg

If anybody is on instagram i'm polingchar :)

That first pic is sooo pretty!

Those pics look amazing!

It's my showcase tonight!!

OMG good luck hun!! Will we get some video evidence?

Im black and blue :rofl:

Thank you! If anyone wants to add me on fb you can pm me, I'll have videos on there :)

Well I'm home and knackered lol. It went really well except I messed my routine up but everyone said it wasn't noticeable and it was really good. I'm disappointed because it means some of what I wanted in it got missed but it was still good. I should hopefully get the video of my friend tomorrow and put it on fb. Oh and there was over 300 people there so I am very glad I didn't fall over which very nearly happened...twice :haha:

Wow you brave lass! Sometimes I feel I'll never get to that point!!

I know this sounds really basic, but any kind of crunches for me is difficult, for example, I can't really get out of a crossed ankle release layback. What can I do to change that?

Try doing crunches on the floor? Even a few a day will work you up to it!

OH. MY. GODS.

I never knew this thread existed!

I'm freaking out. I've been wanting to learn to pole dance for YEARS. I wad just telling DH the other night that I wanted to get a pole LOL.

Does anyone have a pole in their home? What pole is it? How much was it? Can I have one in an apartment?

Xpoles are well known and trusted. They can be installed and taken down in minutes with no damage.

Static poles are cheaper,(xpole sport) but don't have a spin mode. Spin mode poles are a bit more pricy (xpole Xpert). I believe where you live spinning poles are more popular.

Do you have any classes nearby? It's important you understand safety :) it would give you a chance to work out what thickness of pole you need, what coating you'll feel is best.

Xpoles are well known and trusted. They can be installed and taken down in minutes with no damage.

Static poles are cheaper,(xpole sport) but don't have a spin mode. Spin mode poles are a bit more pricy (xpole Xpert). I believe where you live spinning poles are more popular.

Do you have any classes nearby? It's important you understand safety :) it would give you a chance to work out what thickness of pole you need, what coating you'll feel is best.
Thank you! And YES, I am in the process of looking for classes :D :thumbup:

My house is too small for a pole :(
If you get a pole be sure to get it from a reputable distributor, you'll find a lot of fakes about that can be very dangerous.

I was working on Titanic on Monday, I couldn't quite let go but think I will next time I'm in. My legs are soo bruised from it :lol:
I've got my elbow grip aysha so going to start cup grip and hopefully learn aysha pop out.

Its been over a YEEEEEAR!!!

Where are all you girls at?

I left the first school i was at when I started this thread. It was the best move I ever made because I grew in confidence and lost weight and just adore the new place! I've even performed at two shows now, and another next month :shock:

The levels are strict but it means you're always ready for new moves.

11898588_10153509495569318_2058053426695447314_n.jpg

I'm still here :) 2.5 years in now!

I've been following you on instagram/fb, LOVING your progress :happydance:

I've had a couple of months off and only just gone back so struggling with a few harder moves but I got my handspring finally after 2 years of thinking I'd never be able to :D

My latest 'proud of myself' move!

12004781_539565936194152_5615679860613613178_n.jpg

Oh Char you are the only one I know that's still going!!!

I do want to start training my handspring but I dunno where to start :/ I found Ayesha and straight edge in split grip very easy and it took me minutes to nail so will that help?

No idea to be honest! I can only do it from twisted grip, as you can see in the pic above it's my go-to grip haha. It's taken me a long time to get the hang of it, but it's more core strength that I struggle with than anything else!

I think not using twisted grip will go against me come the time I get serious about handsprings!i dunno!

I have decided I am going to Pole Expo in Vegas next year. Oh my god. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->