BnB Poler Bears

Thank you :) I'm so proud of myself :D

Inverted crucifix killed my thighs when i was learning it, how you finding bruising etc?

I use so much grip chalk my hands are permanently white with loads of callouses. Rank! :haha:

Bruised like a bitch when i first done it with the help of the instructor. I honestly am too scared, im not ready yet. I keep practicing with my legs and leaning back, easy does it :haha:

Those pics are brilliant Char. Before Christmas I had got Aysha and was managing no problem but I seem to have lost it having a couple of weeks off.

This is what I'm working on atm, still need bring it down lower so I'm horizontal before dropping and then I need to get the strength to pull it back up to the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-TltkHoWs&feature=youtu.be

:haha: I started learning it after bow and arrow and it hasn't been too bad (my shoulders would disagree :lol:) I can't wait until I can do it properly.

Can I join in? I was going to pole for 5 weeks but everytime we went there'd be somebody different teaching. I wasn't to comfortable with that as my confidence is so low and I hate my body. I hated there being so many people watching me. Apart from feeling that way I did enjoy it. The first lesson I couldn't really hold myself on the pole but the second one I really Could, I learnt alot and really want to start going again. But I think first I want to loose a few pound and hopefully feel more confidant. X

Hiya :wave:

I know you say your confidence is low BUT pole is a great way to build it!
I'm packing a few extra pounds than I'd like and used to really hate anyone seeing my belly but now, when I'm hanging upside down and my top slips and my belly pops out I still shout 'I got the move! Someone take a picture!' :haha:

When you realise that the body you aren't 100% happy about can do all these amazing tricks and spins, it really helps boost your confidence. I say go back! :D

My confidence is SHIT of now :(But whenever I hit pole now I feel way better, and my instructor makes me feel a bit more confident

Hi ladies hope you dont mind me popping in. Im going to my first class tonight and am bricking it! Wish me luck!

:hi: hope you have fun! :)

I might be entering a comp in May!! Need to talk to my instructor though because she said I am good enough but I want to be sure she thinks I actually have a shot at winning.

I loved it! Although i turned up to the wrong class:blush: Turns out my class begins in a few weeks but she did me a lesson anyway. I am in pain!

Have I gone mad? I'm selling my titanium gold 45mm for a chrome 50mm. I just cannot get on with a 45mm and its putting me off so so much. I went to class on a 50mm last night and i was way better than home. I'll never need to learn on a 45mm so :shrug: I know some comps use them but we don't

I prefer 50mm to 45mm, I don't think you're mad at all.

I pulled a muscle in my back last friday, almost died of pain at my lesson on wednesday and i'm still going back tonight, dedicated!! :haha:

i think I know why I am so concerned, i think the americans are big on their thinner poles for competitions and thats just not why I pole. They use 45mm and even thinner for those kinda things. I wrap my legs round the 45mm and I cant squeeze them even enough to grip for long, so theres no way I can go handsfree without crashing to the floor :(

Last night was great, I was quite chuffed with myself and found a tiny lil more confidence.

Be careful Char, its awful when you do that isnt it?

I find 45mm better for hand grip but it's a b***h for legs, 50mm is definitely better for your thighs haha.

I'll be careful, its not as bad today :)

I've put off trying Yogini for ages because everyone I've seen doing it makes it look so difficult and painful, did it today first time :) Tried on the other side and it hurt my neck though. Learned drama drop as well.

Oh ya peach-what a difference the 50mm makes for me. I feel brave again. The 45mm was defo setting me back.

Bumping this :) How is everyone? What new moves have you all learned?
I've got my showcase in 2 weeks!! I'm so nervous but excited. I'm injured atm so as soon as the show is over I have to take time off to recover :(

Woooooow showcase :shock: I'd be cacking it!

I'm okay.... Was at the edinburgh pole and fitness convention 2 weeks ago. It was SO much fun. I actually barely hit any poles-concentrating on dance, like salsa, belly dancing, then hula hooping, burlesque and kick boxing.
Heck it was good. At night we watched the Pole2Pole competition and that was amazing. I have met so many friends who gave me a kick up the arse.

I've hurt my coccyx from cross leg/ankle release. It's quite off putting :(

Are you gonna manage the showcase with your injury?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->