Body Temperature Question.. Help Please

imstacey21

Reaction score
I need clarification...

So a person's normal body temp is approx. 98.6 right... (MINE IS)

So after you measure your basal body temp in the AM.. your body temp should go back to normal once you get up and start moving about RIGHT?

Meaning.. a basal body temp of even 98.4 should just go back to 98.6 in normal circumstances RIGHT?

I have only been checking for a few days now but my normal day body temp is now 99.3.

I have read the average pregnant temp ranges from 99.1-100.4.

**No I'm not sick in the slightest..

So could I take this as a good pregnancy indicator?

Your body temperature any any time of the day is not a good indicator of being PG.

98.6 is a general average and for women are body temperature varies throughout our cycle. Estrogen has a "cooling" effect on the body (Period and before ovulation) and progesterone has a "warming" effect on the body (After ovulation). When you are pregnant your body temperature stays elevated. So your temperature could be raised due to the progesterone being produced in your luteal phase (time after ovulation until your AF) or you could be pregnant! What dpo are you?

Also if you are going to go by your body temperature. You have to do it consistently at the same time everyday and really before you wake up. This is because lots of things can raise our temperature slightly ( something like running up the stairs) so to really really find anything out from your temperature it has to be before waking up and at the same time. Even sleeping in an extra hour or two will skew your basal body temperature

98.6 is a general average and for women are body temperature varies throughout our cycle. Estrogen has a "cooling" effect on the body (Period and before ovulation) and progesterone has a "warming" effect on the body (After ovulation). When you are pregnant your body temperature stays elevated. So your temperature could be raised due to the progesterone being produced in your luteal phase (time after ovulation until your AF) or you could be pregnant! What dpo are you?

Well, my last normal period was July 2.. then I spotted a week early (Jul 22).. which is not normal.. I have never spotted in my life or had an early period, not even one day early.. and haven't bled any since then and it is now Aug 14.. so almost a month past O

The spotting thing! It could be an implantation sign, right? I have never been pregnant, but that is what I read :) Let us know when you test!

The spotting thing! It could be an implantation sign, right? I have never been pregnant, but that is what I read :) Let us know when you test!

Yea. Everything I've read says it could be. The timing is perfect, too. Just trying to wait a few more days in case it was just a fluke, ya know..

Today 98.5 bbt and 99.3 normal body temp........

and light cramps.... it's like I can actually feel blood flowing to my uterus.... I only feel that at period time.. and I am 100% not bleeding.... hmmmmmmm

My bbt has not dropped below 98.2... it's been at least two weeks of this... and the past week is the "pre-ovulation" period.... and still a normal day body temp of over 99.0 ...............

what do you think...????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->