boilded egg

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
can they just eat it as is???

i'm sure they can but not sure

yeah, as long as it's completely cooked (not a runny yolk) it's fine. Alasdair hasn't had it yet but I really ought to give him a go with it. Let us know how Jack gets on!

Yes a boiled egg is fine, but I gave up trying them because I could never get it cooked enough for him to eat without it over-cooking and being too dry! My husband tried mixing in some butter and milk... it looked yuck and is one of only two things my baby has ever refused to eat.

So I do lots of scrambled egg and omelette which is easier!

I can't imagine a 6month old eating a hard boiled egg as the texture will be too rubbery and dry for them to handle....I don't mind being proved wrong though:rofl:

Scrambled (or strangled as Abi called it:dohh:) egg with a teeny bit of cream mixed with it to soften the egg and give it a creamy, not rubbery texture may go down a bit better.

Good luck, whichever you do:hugs:. Let us know the outcome of your experiment:muaha:

I would also tend to think scrambled eggs would be easier... then you can just give it to them and they can finger food it.

Yep scrambled eggs is easier at that age. I do mine with plenty of butter, and add a bit of cream, creme fraiche or grated cheese. Stir them continuously from the moment you begin to heat them so they don't go rubbery, it takes a bit longer but tastes so much better. When they get a bit older you can add chopped tomato or bacon as well, yummy!

Aaron's been having soft boiled egg since about 9 months. I cut a piece of toast into soldiers, dip them in the egg and then let him pick up the soldiers. He didn't have hard boiled egg (apart from chopped up in fish pies) until quite recently but loves that too.

yeah and with scrambled egg its easier to tell that its really well done!! Ive tried courtney with it and she wasnt so keen lol :):)

excellent thread and advice! will try maddi later i think :)

excellent thread and advice! will try maddi later i think :)

I'm slightly disappointed though as I was hoping somebody would post on here the way to make a NICE not dry boiled egg for a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->