Book advice!

aurorasaurus

Reaction score
Hey all: I was looking for some reading, was looking for something in between a dry text-book-like-facts, a comedy, and honestly to learn more about TTC and I found "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant", it's written by a PhD (Jean Twenge). She adds in vignettes of her own TTC struggle I LOVED it. I fact it's what brought me here. I learned a lot, and I love that she explained it from a lay-person's point of view but backed it up with evidence (I'm an MD and a skeptic and want only what's safe & supported by evidence for my body & baby-to-be!)... It's under 200 pages without the reference pages. I love that she totally gets how impatient we are, or at least I am :thumbup: Women that have been looking into this stuff for years or are already starting IVF or whatever might find it too simplistic, but great advice about real-life-stress & lifestyle stuff that applies to all.

Anyway, I have no relationship or anything with the book or author, but just thought it'd be an awesome, easy read for anyone out there looking!

If anyone else has any suggestions (preferably funny or light-hearted) educational/guiding books related to TTC, please share! Thanks!

Getting ready to download it now! A perk of working in higher ed is that my summer teaching load is relatively light so I actually have free time to read. :)

This book is BY FAR the best that I have read!! I recommended it to everyone I know, lol. Definitely a great read that is scientifically based with just the right amount of technical jargon in it to be readable, but not dumbed-down the way many books are. Great recommendation :)

I'm 50something pages in and already like it a lot! Great recommendation, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->