• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club, Anyone?

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
I have a few non-fiction books that I would love reading with a group and discussing as we go.
I also have a few novels I'm looking forward to and would love to chew over with others afterwards!
Anyone interested? :flower:

Well, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try a non-fiction book on parenting? I thought that might be a topic that would give us plenty to discuss as we went along. I have a few books about this on my list, but I'm open to suggestions.
Or something political that has nothing to do with parenting? Maybe we all need a break from that world? :) A possibility I've been thinking of is Freakonomics.
Again though, I'm looking for some fun discussion. I'll join in on just about anything.

And there's a lot of fiction that could be fun.

Another thought: what if we tried a book vs film discussion club? If we tried to get film and the book done in a month and then had a discussion about both and compared?

I like both your ideas, I dont really mind but I def agree fiction is best for me :) I dont mind film vs book either. Im easy going =)

Fiction it is, then!
Something to get us started and maybe build a little momentum for a group read? :)

So she would do something literary and good for our brains, or something fluffy? :)

I'd love to join in but I don't know if i'll have time to do it x

Can I join you ladies. I'm an English major so it would give me something to do to say up to par while on summer bread.

something light that has a good topic to discuss maybe?

Any ideas anyone? xx

Good call.
I don't think I have the brain cells to get through anything too literary right now! :haha:
Lots of people seem to be reading White Queen and Red Queen - would those be good?

Just 1 question, do the books in the Cousins' War series need to be read in a particular order?

I just looked it up and it looks like the Rd Queen is book 2 in the series, so I will start another thread on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->