book recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebird11

Reaction score
I'm a bit last minute with this, but I always get ds a few books for xmas. Does anyone have any good recommendations? He's three and a half by the way

The Gruffalo or The Gruffalo's Child if you don't already have them :thumbup:
Or pretty much anything by Julia Donaldson

We have a few Julia Donaldson but not the gruffalo, so I'll have a look at that one.

Julia Donaldson books, we love stick man, what the ladybird heard, the gruffalo and the gruffalos child ive ordered the scarecrows wedding, monkey puzzle and a few others for Christmas.

ETA- my kids love a book called "hugless douglas" not sure who its by and its not my favourite but they love it!

My lo is just about to turn 2 and is obsessed with the Pip and Posy books. They are by the guy who illustrated the Gruffalo. I really enjoy reading him them, and of course the illustrations are lovely!!

Mine love the 'barry the fish with fingers' and others in that series
Peace at last
Tiger who came for tea
Aliens in underpants
Julia donaldson books
Dear zoo
Where the wild things are

Father Christmas needs a wee lol! We also love stick Man ATM. We have about every book going :haha: xx

I'd recommend the Gruffalo, my lo loves it! She's nearly 3 and also likes We're Going On A Bear Hunt. Julia Donaldson has done some lift the flap books Hide and Seek Pig, Rabbits Nap, Postman Bear and Foxes Socks, and they're all her favs too. Oh, and she loves her Thomas books too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll take a look at some of them later. If anyone else has any suggestions, please keep them coming :thumbup:

I think all the Alfie books by Shirley Hughes are fantastic.

My 3 year old currently has a thing about Richard scary busy town books

Funnybones, stick man, what the ladybird heard, The grufallo, peppas christmas eve, twas the night before christmas x

Some we've got ds or faves he already has are

Tiger who came to tea
Whatever next
Hairy mclairy
what the ladybird heard
Monkey puzzle

Where the wild things are is a great one to read and my lo loves it. Julia Donaldson (hope that's right) is also a big hit (stay away from toddle waddle, they'll have me read it twenty times! Haha). I'm hoping to get Dr Seuss book collection too as they're pretty much classics every child loves :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"