Booking appointment came through... and scan at 7 weeks!?

Morning holywoodmum,

I am glad you got your childminder sorted! :thumbup:

The day of my booking I went for a pee just before I left the house, and once I arrived at the unit, I bought myself a Ribena at the wee caf and kept drinking it until it was over ( I kept leaving it behind me every time I left a room..). By the time I had my scan ( this is the last thing they will do), I was ready to go to the toilet again big time!

Good luck today, let us know how you got on.. x

sorry for the delay, it wouldn't let me on all weekend...
anyfrustrating times... apologies for the cut and paste, but just posted this on august thread...

Anyway, had our booking appointment on Friday - what a f*cking farce! DH booked afternoon off, DD in childminder, get to hospital, saw maidwife, checked my LMP date, said GP had written down wrong date on my referral letter, they thought I was 4 weeks further on than I am... wouldn't take a history, nothing, sent me home, after telling me I'd be getting a scan and everything. I was SO pissed off. Needless to say disappointed about scan (or lack thereof) but afterwards just pissed with my GP, as that afternoon has now cost us about 80 quid in time off work, and childminder fees. We could practically have paid for an early scan at that rate. Do I have a leg to stand of if I tried to get compensation from GP!?
Oh but I do have a date for my actual booking appointment now - 6 Jan!

OMG what a joke!!

I don't know what you could do.. Have you spoken to your GP? I know that the hospital can be very fussy (after my experience with the blood tests) but I also think it is really the GP's fault for entering the wrong date..

That is so upsetting, not being able to do anything that day after getting so excited and looking forward to it, I would be raging too, especially because of the money spent on the childminder, etc..

How far will you be on 6th Jan?

M x

I think I'll be 10+3 then... I had booking scan with DD at 10+5 (at the Royal) so I'm guessing that will be OK!
Haven't spoken to GP don't know if it's worth saying anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->