Booking appointment came through... and scan at 7 weeks!?

holywoodmum

2 girls and one cooking
Reaction score
So I only saw my doctor a week and a half ago, and today I had a letter saying I have a booking in appointment in 2 days time!! Luckily it's on one of my days off anyway, and DH has some holiday to burn before the end of the year, so he's taking a half day (will make DD easier to manage!) Anyway, there was a letter and a form, and the letter said that there is normally a scan at this appointment!! I found that hard to believe! So it said to send the form back beforehand but as it was so soon I wasn't sure it would make it in time, so called to check that I should just bring it with me... and I asked about the scan and that I'd only be about 7 weeks, and they said yes, and then you'll probably come back about 4 weeks later for another one!
SO excited now!!

Oh that's so cool - you have a good chance of seeing a heartbeat! I had a scan yesterday and saw mine, so it's definitely possible! :)

Good luck and I hope it goes really well :hugs:

Oh really glad your scan went well!! I didn't get to check late enough in the evening to see how it went!
Was it internal at this stage? I'll be 6+5 then...

Yes -- I think I am still in shock! But quite happy - though they warned me not to expect too much as the bleeding is naturally NOT a good sign.

It was all very simple - I just whipped my jeans and knickers off and jumped on the table - yes, they will do a transvaginal ultrasound at such an early stage. It was honestly no big deal (for me at least) and it gives them a much better picture. The heartbeat was clearly visible right away (hence my shock) and the doctor measured it and told me that it was on target; she then looked at my ovaries and said there were no cysts. You'll see a lot of blobs but a good sonographer will tell you what everything is (though the uterine stuff will be obvious).

One thing - don't freak out if your bean doesn't measure what you or they expect - I've read so many posts here where ladies say that they were not on target in the early stages but everything worked out fine. So be prepared to hear what they actually tell you, not just what you think might be going wrong, if you know what I mean.

I wish you lots and lots of luck! :)

That's great news holywoodmum. Seems like the Ulster are far quicker than the Royal, you made the right decision to switch hospitals. I don't have my scan until 5th January, by which time I'll be nearly 15 weeks!

woah thats awesome, i havent got my appt through from the royal yet but then again ive had 4 early scans already lol xx

You're going to the Royal too sarahchops? My MW says scan appointments are hard to get there, which is probably why I have to wait until nearly 15 weeks. What are they like at the Royal? Are they nice?

Oh really glad your scan went well!! I didn't get to check late enough in the evening to see how it went!
Was it internal at this stage? I'll be 6+5 then...

Mine was internal since the bean is so teeny tiny:cloud9:

Awww wow so fabulous that you get to see bean so early then get to go again :) xx

ooo how exciting having a early scan :happydance: i still havent ever heard from my mw is this normal? :hugs:

thats awesome i cant wait for mine on monday now im gettin sooo jealous lol xxx

You're going to the Royal too sarahchops? My MW says scan appointments are hard to get there, which is probably why I have to wait until nearly 15 weeks. What are they like at the Royal? Are they nice?

They are really nice! But no matter what time your scan is at be prepared to sit for hooooooooooooooours lol xx

They are really nice! But no matter what time your scan is at be prepared to sit for hooooooooooooooours lol xx

I had DD at the Royal and can't fault it! had my first scan there at 10+5 with her, but only cos i asked a favour of obs we know!
I'm hoping that I"m not geting my hopes up too much about it happening tomorrow, as it just says 'probably' on the letter, but the lady on the phone sounded pretty definite :)

Hi holywoodmum,

I had my booking appointment at the Ulster last Wednesday, and they couldn't be any nicer. It only took 2 hours to get everything done! Widwives are absolutely lovely.. However, they made a mistake on one of my blood test labels (wrong date of birth) and I have to go back on Monday for another test.. And I hate needles.

Overall I was very impressed, I don't think you will be dissapointed. They even have DVD for you to take home if you wished where they show their facilities!

Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted!

xx

oh good i'm so glad to hear positive things!! just deciding whether to take DD with us, or try to get her in the childminder for half a day...

Hi holywoodmum,

I would advise you not to bring her, they told me last week kids are not allowed in the maternity unit because of the swine flu..

Let me know if you need anything else, I am always happy to help!

xx

Sit for hours with a full bladder? Uh-oh! lol

oh god yeah :(
they better bloody scan me if I've done that!! when I went to the royal the did the scan very first thing before anything else so may be the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->