Booking bloods results

icklemonster

Reaction score
Has anyone else had there booking bloods done yet? When I went today they said I would get the results at my next midwife appointment. I've just realised that is 8 weeks away. Is this right? I'm sure with DD I was told I could call the surgery earlier. What were others told? I'm worried I'm anaemic as I'm constantly exhausted so would like my results sooner rather than later....

They told me the same, I had mine yesterday.

But I think I remember with my son that if there is a problem they will phone you.

They always phone if there is an issue hun. If they are clear then they just tell you at your next appointment.

There usually tell you the results at the next appointments.

Are you taking any vitamins? Maybes start taking a multivitamin, that might help :)

Thanks for recommendation. Unfortunately, pregnacare gave me crippling stomach cramps with DD, I think I have an issue with digesting iron from tablets. Hence the reason I particularly want to keep an eye on my iron levels, as I'm concerned about anaemia. I am trying to eat an iron rich diet but just want to check it is enough as so tired xx

Mine were sent to me through the post - I'm in Wales so it's likely just different here. But yeah, they will definitely call if they have something they need to let you know about.

Yes as others said they will call you in if anything wrong shows up. I think what is more likely happening, is that you are not used to the pregnancy changes. In early pregnancy being absolutely exhausted is completely normal. Its hard work making a baby and its also all the hormone changes. Heck, im super tired by midday and in bed by about 9pm even on weekends as that is how tired i am. Its crazy as i never was this tired. But its all normal. As for the iron in the tablets...you can get a gummie prenatal without iron. But you need to be on some form of a prenatal if you arent as baby has a higher chance of nt defects without it.

I am taking folic acid and vitamin D, same as with DD xxx

Yep 16 weeks you get the results, ive been booked in for a consultant appointment next week to discuss my results so far. I am praying that is just because I am having twins as I was expecting to get them at 16 weeks.

Yep 16 weeks you get the results, ive been booked in for a consultant appointment next week to discuss my results so far. I am praying that is just because I am having twins as I was expecting to get them at 16 weeks.

Good luck for your appointment tomorrow, and congrats on the twins :flower: I imagine it is just a formality with twins. Let us know how you get along xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->