Booking in Appt - Protein in urine...

Dingo1985

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
I'm 8+1 with baby #2 and I never had anything show up from my urine tests last time but this morning, at my booking in appointment, I had a trace of protein. Anybody else have this? They said I shouldn't worry and they're sending it off to be tested but I'm still a bit nervous as wasn't expecting them to say anything at all.

Sometimes protein trace can be present if you have a kidney infection/UTI, if it isn't reoccurring then I wouldn't worry. Does ur gp do the same dipstick test when you go there?

I'm just in the process of changing GPs (just moved) but why would they test or are you suggesting I ask them to test and see if it's better?

Thanks

Im clueless as to the differences in care btween uk and ireland but here we have combined care between hospital and gp, you usually bring a urine sample to your gp visits and hosp too so they just do a quick dip to see if any sugar, protein, white cells, blood, etc is present. if it is anything they're concerned with they send a sample to the lab for cultures.

I don't think there is anything to be at all worried about, especially as it was only a trace amount of protein and nothing else showed up. I was just thinking that if you were getting very worried you could get a dipstick done at gps to put your mind at ease. Do you have any symptoms of UTI?

Sorry just re read your OP, seeing as they just sent off a sample it will probably be back in 48-72hours anyway so you might just be better off waiting for results. you can give them a ring in 2-3days to see if they've come back. It sounds like nothing to be honest, when you've never had it before I can see why you might be concerned but usually the presence of protein is not significant until mid-late pregnancy :)

Thanks lou belle - that's reassuring. Here you only get seen by a midwife team but they do test urine every time you go (though won't be going again until after my scan). I think I'll give the midwives a ring in a few days and see what the results are and see if they want me to give another sample.

I did with Noah and I was told to drink cranberry juice and when i had my urine tested next time it was fine

I had that at my booking apt at 8 weeks. My midwife said could be a uti or sometimes extra discharge can cause it. Also could be thrush. I took another sample in to her and all was clear. Sure you'll be fine :)

Yes. Nothing to worry about Hun, worst case scenario is you have a bit of a uti and they are easily treated, I've had 2 this pregnancy already! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->