Boots :(

xerinx

TTC logans lil bro or sis
Reaction score
So i went into my local boots today to buy some disposable nappy liners.. i couldnt find them so i asked a lady in there..... She looked at me with disgust and didnt know what i was talking about and went and had a look and said they didnt stock them.

So i politely asked her if she could ring the other boots in our area and see if they did and she refused! So i asked someone else who rang them up and said that they 'think' they had them.... anyway on my way out of the store someone came running up to us with a packet :)

Im just annoyed that they had them hid in a corner and that no one could find them or even knew what they were!!

Sorry for my lil rant but it bugged me!!

I'm not surprised they did not know what they were because it seems like people have no idea about modern re-usable nappies. :growlmad: I had a taxi driver telling me how much more expensive and dirty they would be to use! I personally think the disposable nappies are more gross and even with a nappy obsession they often work out much cheaper!

Glad you got the liners in the end though! :thumbup:

oh wow Omi - 4 days left :D bet your so excited :D

that was quite bad customer service to hun I would complain :( our local boots have the liners mixed in with the disposables so quite easy to find

Ours turned out to be in a the corner of the shop tucked right next to the photo booth so no one can see them!!

Ive found that my mates think that im strange for using them and think that they are dirty and i just chuck poo in my washing machine!!

I only started using them yesterday and am completely converted! i actuall liked doing the washing last night! And dont think they are any worse than sposies in fact i think they are so much better!

I don't suppose she thought you mean liners for disposable nappies, rather than disposable liners for cloth nappies? Maybe she thought you were a bit odd? :rofl: At least they came and told you when they found them; I've known lots of people working in shops who wouldn't have bothered. Did you get the nice ones in the blue packet?

i did :) And i did explain what they were for! Think thats why she looked at us strange! They are really soft! I was surprised tbh i didnt know what to expect from them!

They were 5p mpre expensive in the shop than online tho!! :rofl: But i guess then gotta consider postage :rofl:

if you take into account the energy used to make cloth nappies & sposies, the amount of renewable and non renewable mterials used to make cloth nappies & sposies, the cost of each product, the washing of cloth nappies and disposable of sposies

cloth nappies work out wayyyyyyyy cheaper over all (in regards to physical cost to yourself and cost to the environment) than even then even the cheapest sposies :)

i did :) And i did explain what they were for! Think thats why she looked at us strange! They are really soft! I was surprised tbh i didnt know what to expect from them!

The Boots ones are the only ones I've tried that I actually liked. We don't normally use them but I do have a packet in case we need them at some point.

You could try washing the ones that just get wet - I kept accidentally putting them through the wash and they always looked good as new when they came out! Might save a few pennies/trees or whatever they're made of.

Yea thats what i plan to do! Im only using them so i dont have to run upstairs and wash poo off under shower! (which i did yesterday!) and oh has said if i want him in the while out he wants liners so dont have to carry a pooy nappy :rofl:

I can't wait, I feel like the next 4 days will be forever!

I get the impression from some people that they think cloth nappy users just leave poop about the nursery for days and then throw it in the wash! We have some disposable nappies for in the hospital and then packed a real one for him to come home in but when we opened the disposables up we could not understand why anyone would want to use them! Even the most understanding of people (those that used real nappies pre 1980's) have visions of wet paling, lots of extra cleaning and not putting them in the washing machine and terry squares. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->