booze?

T

tinytoes

Ok, so am I silly? I had half a small bottle of beer last ngiht and guilt jumped up adn knocked me on the head....I'm in the tww right now....perhaps I should go easier on myself? I know I'm probably a bit over the top..
Surely a beer cant harm yet....can it??? oh gosh :wacko:
Whats your boozey strategy?
What am I allowed at this stage....i am confused.

I've realised after 14 months of ttc that you can't put your life on hold every couple of weeks, just in case. I carry on as normal. I know some people would disagree with me, but seriously hun, a beer isn't going to do any harm.:hugs:

Just FYI, I got my BFP with Charlie on New Years Day - and I was really hungover:blush:. I'd tested for the 3 days prior, and all BFN's, so went out and got hammered.:blush: After seeing that little blue cross, I sobbed with guilt, but Charlie's fine.:hugs:

totally agree,yeh you can be careful but you cant just put it all on hold incase.

xx

Hiya, yeah don't worry about it, before I knew I was pregnant with my son I got drunk and smoked, he's fine now, he's now 2, profesionals say you shouldn't worry about what you do before you find out you're pregnant, it wont do any harm in the long run as long as you stop as soon as you know.

I also read an article the other day that questioned the new advice given to pregnant ladies that they shouldn't drink at all during pregnancy, it said there was no evidence that the odd drink did any harm as long as you don't do it every day or go out and get hammered!!

So don't feel too guilty! Life's too short, I'm still having the odd drink!

I have given up smoking but I am still drinking in moderation while TTC. I think if I get pregnant I would allow myself one small glass of wine on special occassions but I don't want to smoke again, during pregnancy or after!

I gave up smoking once I got pregnant, but I still had the odd glass of wine every now and again!

If and when we concieve this next one I'll do the same again.

I agree - life's too short.

Sinead

If id decided to stop drinking when we first TTC then that would mean id not have a drink for 2 years!

Lifes to short to put things on hold.

Thanks for posting that TT. I was wondering the same thing myself and in the last two months during the 2ww, I haven't drunk, 'just in case.' But, you're right, you can't put your life on hold when being pregnant is only a possiblility.

I agree completely that you can't put your life on hold while TTC. Don't feel guilty about one beer!!

thanks girls.
You make sense.
I too gave up smoking some months ago in preparation for my body becoming a home for baby. Thats something I dont regret! :))

I gave up smoking October 05 as we were ttc, and I got my BFP Jan 1st 06. I've not touched one since, and don't think I ever will!

That would not hurt at all!!!!! I was 'crawling' under the influence of alcohol when I was pg the 1st time, as I had no idea.....

Stop beating yourself up! :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->