Boss discriminating... Furious!

Nel1982

TTC number 2
Reaction score
My boss has found out I am pregnant as GP wrote it on my sick note. Yesterday he said he was not worried about doing my appraisal as it seems pointless setting targets with me in my situation... FURIOUS!

What would you do?

I would ask him to set short term objectives (6 months). Explain that you are planning to return to work and want to ensure your career continues to progress... and gently point out that you are confident he will support you in this - even though you are pregnant. Also if your appraisal is relevant for any bonus it's important it happens - doesn't he agree ;)

I suspect he is not discriminating as much as being lazy and thinking that's one less appraisal to do.

To be fair - my old boss didn't set me objectives at my mid year review when I was expecting Maddie ( This was in May - I was leaving in July) but we did have a conversation about my overall performance and the sorts of things I would like to do when I came back - he wrote it down and did use it when he did a handover to my new manager on my return from mat leave.

Rickles, I feel like I have over reacted now... Thanks for your perspective - it has calmed me down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->