Bottle Feeding

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
For those of you who bottle feed, how long does a big can of formula last you?

I know, silly question. I will be breastfeeding for a few weeks until I am recuperated but plan to switch to bottle feeding right after.

To be prepared, I do want to plan ahead and buy accordingly.

6-7 days now that she's eating 4 ounces every 3-4 hours, my girl likes to eat :lol:

Thanks Vickie! Will prepare for that. :)

Oh, and which type of formula have you been using?

Nestle Goodstart. We originally bought the ones with Omega 3 and Omega 6 but they didn't have any last time we went shopping so we bought the normal iron fortified one. She's done fine on both. The one without the omegas is cheaper and you get more formula so next time I go to the pediatrician I'm going to ask if it makes a difference which one we buy. I'll try to remember to tell you when I find out but with my memory these days....:rofl:

leeanne did you ever sign up with Nestle to have them send you the free formula and diaper bag?

leeanne did you ever sign up with Nestle to have them send you the free formula and diaper bag?

Actually, I did sign up with Similac long time ago and about 3 weeks ago finally got my free samples and a diaper bag from them.

I also signed up for Nestle at the same time but have not received anything.

That's very strange. We had received ours by this time.

I'd sign back up again and tell them you never received your package the first time :lol:

:rofl: See what I can do. :)

Right about now, I feel like doing nothing but having bedrest for the next couple of days.

i give Ali expressed breast milk with top ups of formula. i have been using SMA Gold and i am still on the same container that i bought on the 9th of August! it is about to finish though.

Christine
X

Colton is older and so drinks more now.. however, we go through a 12oz can in 2-2.5 days.. and he drinks 6oz bottles.. about 6 of them a day.. so each can should make atleast 72oz of formula.. (so a big can [24oz] would make about 144oz)
So if he is eating say 4oz a bottle, around 7 bottles a day.. that would mean a big can would last around 5-6 days..
Hope that makes sense! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->