bottle of formula ? or solids?(updated)

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
Tylers exclusively breast fed but for the past couple of weeks he wakes up constantly through the night like literally twice every hour he used to sleep at least 7 hours and feeds at least every 2 hours day and night i'm pretty sure its not just a growth spurt coz its going on forever, im just stuck deciding wether to try some solids or some formula to try fill him up so he's not so hungry all the time what would you do? and does anyone breast feed and top up with formula ?
I know it might sound silly but i feel guilty that im obviously not satisfying him with my milk:baby:

I'd go solids he is at the perfect age for solids. I wouldn't suggest formula because it may interfere with your supply and he may prefer the bottle over breast. But I'd go for solids. Try them for dinner may help him to feel more satisfied.

My friends little girl started eating baby rice when she was only just over 3months old. Everyone is different but theres no harm in trying him on solids

If you don't fancy the solids route yet i'd try formula my lil boy was like that i breastfed in the day and gave him formula at night it worked for those few weeks while i delayed weaning abit (he was still a lil young) x x

I have a similar problem, for the last week or so Aaron has been waking up to feed every hour or sometimes every half hour during the second half of the night. He is quite a big baby, and feeds every two hours during the day, but it doesn't seem quite like a growth spurt.

I have started giving him small amounts of solids in the hope that this will help. Personally I would rather give solids than formula (easier, interferes less with breastfeeding, fewer health risks, and has to be done in the end anyway!).

Hope you manage to find a solution that works for you anyway!

I would say solids, maybe abit of baby rice mixed with ebm in the evening time :)

I have no idea.... I didnt get to BF for long but My mother gives my sisters son (3months) a bottle with some cereal in it at night to get him to sleep through the night. It works for them.

I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested this or not, because I just read your post but Its just an idea. I hope you figure something out that works for both you and your little one I bet its hard getting up that much at night.

thanks girls i tried some baby rice and he wont have any just pushes the spoon out with his tongue so tried some formula and he projectile vomits everywhere so what now? i guess i just have to deal with no sleep lol

oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that... I'm sure there is something....
just wait someone will have something for you..... I hope.

mmm not every baby likes baby rice, my little girl wasnt fussed on it at all; she much preferred the little cereals you get for 4-6 month old babies, like porridge.

Or maybe some fruit or veg, like apple, pear, carrot. Something mild. When did you try the formula? Was it closely after a bf? Did your little boy maybe gulp it too quickly? If you think he did you could get a teat with a slower flow. Or if you think its the formula maybe some ebm in a bottle?

I hope you get some sleep soon, and I wouldnt necessarily rule out a growth spurt because sometimes they can go on and on and it might settle down again.

xx

mmm not every baby likes baby rice, my little girl wasnt fussed on it at all; she much preferred the little cereals you get for 4-6 month old babies, like porridge.

Or maybe some fruit or veg, like apple, pear, carrot. Something mild. When did you try the formula? Was it closely after a bf? Did your little boy maybe gulp it too quickly? If you think he did you could get a teat with a slower flow. Or if you think its the formula maybe some ebm in a bottle?

I hope you get some sleep soon, and I wouldnt necessarily rule out a growth spurt because sometimes they can go on and on and it might settle down again.

xx
thanks yeah i tried apples as well and the baby cereal he's really not interested i tried the formula after a bf and he's using a newborn flow teat but he is a pig so maybe he is gulping it lol i thought about expressing so he can have that bit extra after a feed but i really dont know when i'd get time to as i'm feeding him so often?

mmmm I know what you mean theres only so many hours in the day huh? especially when you have other kids :( unless you wait till his tummy is emptier (is that even a word) and then try again. Theres nothing slower than a newborn teat so thats fine...suppose all you can do is keep offering the food until it clicks, my little girl wasnt in the slightest bit fussed until she was just over 6 months but now she'd eat coal :roll: :rofl:

thanks for your advice i'll keep trying he'll do it when hes ready i guess lol at ur little one would eat coal haha 2 cute thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->