bottle or tap water

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by MummyMummy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

do you have a preference?

our tap water is warm unless it's been run for aminute or so and is cloudy till it 'settles' and tastes funny. plus i'm weird about drinking tap water, feel a bit dirty so it's bottled all the way for me... though when we run out i will make do with tap. we also have them new fancy taps where the water comes out all soft and bubbly and it's annoying! my nans tap water tastes far nicer and is actually cold... and she has normal taps! i don't mind what brand water i get, be it iceland/bnms/tescos own or evian

xXx

2. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

i just drink good old council pop :)

3. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I only ever drink water, unless i have the odd coffee or diet coke, so its tap for me.

4. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

My mum has a fridge that has really cold filterd water thats my favourite! But usually just good old tap water :)

5. Purpular

Purpular Well-Known Member

Tap water!

Just think how much is spent making tap water safe to drink when the whole USP to bottled water is that it's just collect as is. It's been through mud, animal poo, rocks and all kinds of things and as it started off as rain water has probably been wee'd out by someone!

6. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

that's what we are going to get on our next fridge :D i can't wait to buy some white plastic cups :rofl:
    xXx

7. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

We've got an american fridge where it comes out filtered, i only drink water with squash though!

8. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Council pop at home but if we go to blackpool to see oh's family i drink bottled cos it tastes crap over there

9. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

Iv got a chilled water filter so it comes out cold, The tap water here doesnt taste very nice! Cost me £90 but defo worth it!

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

both really - mainly tap, but sometimes bottled - we do have it out of our fridge but i hardly use it :blush:

11. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

OK ill sound bad, but i only drink bottled water. I buy 24 small bottles and 8 large every week :blush: just because we live next to the canal and the water really tastes funny. Even juice we make with bottle water and cups of tea etc bottled water goes into the kettle. Esp for jacobs bottles. The water isnt fresh out the tap in my house :rofl: XxxX

12. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

surely if you boil tap water its ok for bottles and things.... and does everyone recycle the plastic bottles?, thats mainly why I dont buy bottled water x

13. Ema

I recycle plastic cardboard and veg waste i have 3 buckets :) XxX

14. Ema

Oh and on the bottle thing. I have the mindset that if im not going to drink it or OH than sure as hell im not giving it to jacob :rofl: it really is bad! XxxX

15. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

I drink tap water, I prefer the taste!

16. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

i used to drink tap water at my old houses but the water in this house is horrible so i only drink bottled water, and it has to be evian! i get through 2 litres of it a day and yes i do recycle my bottles!!!

17. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

I'll use tap water for hot drinks but otherwise prefer bottled water

18. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

Tap water unless i leave the city i find the water tastes weird in other citys :blush:

19. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

We have a Brita filter jug in the fridge, but I also drink bottled water when I'm going out. And Yes, we do recycle and compost. I'm a bit of a nut about it.

20. Neferet

Neferet Well-Known Member

I never drink tap water... it feels dirty and unhygeinic... I know it's clean, but I can't drink it at all after there was cryptosporidium in the water round here a few years ago... I can't drink it anywhere just incase there's something icky in it... I even put bottled water in the kettle when I want to make tea. Sounds silly I know :p ... Doing the Volvic 14 day challenge at the moment. =D