• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bottles for #2...?

ericacaca

TTC#2
Reaction score
Might be a silly question I know but should I buy new bottles for baby #2? I'm hoping to BF again like I did with Oz, but I expressed at around 6 weeks. I know to buy some new teats.... also should I keep his and her teats separate? He still likes a bottle before bed

Thanks

xxx

I wouldn't say you would have to buy new bottles! I am going to but purely because I have spotted a new breast pump bottle combo I want! :))

My DD is off bottles so if they're not in bad shape I'll reuse them, as for the nipples on the bottle I'll hafta look at them to see if they're worn out etc :)

Bottles no - teats yes , as long as you are serialising and washing them through I can't see the harm in sharing them x

Yes you can reuse the bottles but you need to buy new teats (your eldest is presumably no longer on the slow flow ones for newborns anyway? But teats deteriorate over time and need replacing every few months or sooner if broken anyway).

We kept ours in storage and kept the teats as extra dust protection etc, but we'll clean and sterilise the bottles, throw away the old teats and buy new ones. I'm also planning to bf again but expressed last time so just buying a few teats to start with although we ended up with loads of bottles, last time we moved onto combi then all ff after 4 months battling thrush and administering reflux medication in bottles before bf. Hoping to bf longer this time though.

I wouldn't even buy new tears. As long as they are washed correctly they are no different than new. If you want boil them for 5 minutes. My boys even share bottles (except when one or both are ill).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->