bouncing cradle

mickey

Reaction score
we got a bouncing cradle @ mothercare and when the HV came round she said Juleika is to small to be put in there :dohh:
she did not give me any advice on when I can start to use the cradle, but only inspected the entire living room whether I drink to much coffee or black tea :dohh:
when did you guys start to use such a cradle?

They say from birth to 6 months? Or until baby can sit unaided

Unless you have a low birth weight baby which I don't recall that your baby was I dont see the problem...??

IMO your HV sounds a bit of an twit??

Sorry I couldnt be of any more help but I know plenty of people to use them from Birth.

X

I used a bouncy chair with both my LO's right from when they were born, i've never heard that you shouldn't use one until they are bigger. Does it have a little head support for smaller babies?

we have this one in a different colour:

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

there is no head support, though.
yes, my baby wasn't low birth weight and her neck is stronger now as well as she is three weeks old!

I think, I will just start to use it now as OH specially bought a vibrating one as honeybun loves movements :thumbup:

oh thats wat they are bouncy chairs i used mine from birth never had a prob but it was one of the ones that u could bend down a bit so it wasnt so high

Yes, Thomas was in his practically straight away.

Although I rarely switched the vibrating on as it can be quite strong for a newborn.

Think you just have a picky HV.

Cx

I dont see the problem! Ella was in hers from newborn, although it did recline so it was flatter and not as upright if that makes sense ? but as you baby is now 3 weeks old Im sure it will be fine, silly HV!

silly health vistor, kacy went in hers when she was 3 days old mine had toys on it just like yours but kacy couldn't reach them and didn't have the co ordination to beable to get hold of them either.

both my babies went in theirs from the day they were home!!!!

i mastered bouncing the thing with my toes, whilst eatin/drinking/doin summin else lol!!!

ur HV is a twat!

Ive got one for callum and i use it all the time, neither mw or hv have said anything when theyve been. I havent got a head support for mine but my oh "fashioned" one out of a blanket for now.

and did they sleep in there as well?

I am really scared to leave her in there for too long 'cos of what the HV said!

Ive not used mine much but it has a little pillow support thing that can be moved about. Wonder if you can buy em seperate. Defo would depend on baby - Caitlin is quite strong but when her head flops she wouldn't be comfy in that!

We've just found the mamas and paps star lite swing to be a blessing (after we had to get it replaced) she seems to like it and it rocks by its self - also goes pretty flat to for her to lie in, not always upright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->