Boxing Day

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
We always go out for a Christmas meal with my grandparents and family and then back to theirs later. It is always a nice catch up :)
Anyone else got any plans yet?

My boxing day is always spent at my parents, we usually just spend the day there in our pjs, drinking, playing board games and we have our boxing day dinner, which is cold ham and Turkey left over from xmas, home made chips, and lots of pickles and bread and butter, I love it just as much as Christmas:haha:

We'll be at home this year. Think BIL will be staying with us a couple of days so probably have a boxing day dinner of leftovers/nibbles etc.

We sometimes go to my parents depending on when DH is back at work but he is off from Christmas Eve to NYE this year so going to London on the weekend :) Makes the whole week feel so much longer x

We always see OH's dad's family and go for a pub meal. It's the same every year: Xmas eve is his mum and xmas day is my family.

We all go to MIL's house on boxing day. 15-20 people all opening presents it's crazy! We have a second christmas dinner too lol it's a great day but exhausting!

Slightly change of subject but didn't want to start a new thread just for this... but does anyone else have a second christmas dinner on new years day? My parents always do one exactly like christmas, with pigs in blankets and turkey the lot! We also pull crackers just like christmas :haha:

We used to have that when I lived at home. It was a nice tradition. I might do that myself this year :)

I love boxing day, we eat, get drunk, and play with new toys!! In no particular order lol.
We tend to visit family members too, but im hoping to lay off that a bit this year, as much as I love to see everyone, I question just how many people we will see if we ask them to make an effort to come to us instead, im sure it will be a lot less! x

We will probably stay in this year have a PJ day and the kids can play with their toys , DH usually watches the football and I will just play with the kids and make us a nice meal then stuff my face with chocolates!

Some times my brother in law will pop round, but my sister in law is moving in with him (her landlord told her someone else wanted the house who could pay a substantial amount more, and if she couldn't meet it she'd have to move. She couldn't meet it or find anywhere else in time. His daughter has left home and never stays over any more, so he said she can have her room while she gets sorted) so I'm not sure if he will now be has company or if they will both come over. To be honest it's just an extension of Christmas day for us so we never make big plans.

Slightly change of subject but didn't want to start a new thread just for this... but does anyone else have a second christmas dinner on new years day? My parents always do one exactly like christmas, with pigs in blankets and turkey the lot! We also pull crackers just like christmas :haha:

My MIL does this and we used to always go to hers (as my family don't really do new year's) so it was kind of her we hathing butven't spoke to her now for three years so it's a shame. (Don't think I could even sit at a table with her even just once a year now! Longggg story)

We do. I'd literally never hear of making special dinner for new years but DH insisted that it was a thing and his family had always done it so now we do

Boxing day is very quiet for us, relaxed telly/play day eating leftovers.
I'm Scottish so new year tends to be treated as quite a big deal. We are normally quiet for the bells, snacks and raise a glass to the year to come, new year dinner is traditionally steak pie, potatoes and veg. Half of us are vegetarian so I'll do a huge amount of roast and steamed veg and probably a caramelized onion and goat's cheese pie (or similar). Christmas and new year dessert is definitely homemade triffle though.

If we don’t go to my mams Christmas Day then we go Boxing Day, she will make turkey dips, roasties and a few picky bits.
Will pop to the sales too as she lives near the shopping centre.
If we go to my mams xmas day then we might still pop the shops before littlest comes back from his dads then we just chill eat picky food and play with toys.

Some years we have went to football match if it’s been at home.
The buses here run Boxing Day.

As a kid my Nan would always do a big pan of broth Boxing Day and usually would have folk round.

Last year we went to my sisters and BIL's for a party and secret santa. There's some bad blood between me/OH and BIL since OH decided to resign from their business held by BIL so I don't think it'll be happening this year...

Boxing day is always Christmas dinner at my father in laws house and exchanging gifts. By that time we're usually exhausted. We have 5 family Christmases to go to.

We've started our own boxing day tradition sincd dd was born. My parents usually stay over xmas night so we have brekkie. Then they head off and we go into town, dh to the football and me and dd round the dhops/hot choc. Home for leftovers and bubble and squeak. We usually see my brother on the 27th.

We've started our own boxing day tradition sincd dd was born. My parents usually stay over xmas night so we have brekkie. Then they head off and we go into town, dh to the football and me and dd round the dhops/hot choc. Home for leftovers and bubble and squeak. We usually see my brother on the 27th.
Sounds lovely, a nice way of getting family time but still doing things for your own enjoyment.

We usually go to my in laws, but this year they are going to be in New Zealand visiting my brother in law, his wife & kids, so it'll be a relaxed day at home for us! I'm pretty excited that our first year with DS2 will be a chilled few days at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->