Boy name help

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I swear I've been through every list imaginable in search for a boy name for baby two and I still haven't found one that we both love. I know that we have plenty of time (I am 23 weeks tomorrow) but I really want a name picked soon as I feel like it helps me bond. This wouldn't be happening if he was a girl! :haha:

We already have one little boy, Connor, and would obviously like something that sounds nice along side his name. We quite like Irish/Scottish names but don't like anything too common and living in Scotland that makes it harder! I am also fond of nature names so long as they aren't too out there.

Here a list of names we can't use for various reasons:
Brody/Brodie
Cameron
Donald
Douglas
Finlay/Finn/Flynn
Forrest
Gavin
Graham/Graeme
Hunter
Ian/Iain

Any suggestions? Anyone got any names that I might not have considered yet?

I love the name Struan. It's a good strong Scottish name that isn't too popular, but DH is not so keen. I also like Orran but I think that is becoming quite popular and not sure of it with Connor. I have a cousin called Nairn which I've not heard of anyone else with that name. Crawford is another of my favourite Scottish names. Have you tried looking up the babies born in Scotland lists for the past few years? It might give you some more options of less common Scottish names.

Yeah, I've looked at the name lists for Scotland for the last few years but it hasn't been much help! :haha: The only name I loved was not only pretty common a couple of years but DH doesn't like it!

Hi, girls!

I love James :) And I think it is a great match

I think Hunter goes well with Connor. I absolutely love Finn/Finlay as that's almost certainly what we'll be calling our 2nd little boy x

I'm not a fan of James, Hunter and Finn/Finlay are on my CAN'T use list and Colin is my sister's partner's name so I can't use that either.

I don't mind Killian but DH isn't a fan. It has the same hard N sound that our surname does so it also sounds a bit clunky. I know, I know! I'm so picky!

I like Finlay and Cameron. I dont think the more unusual names match with Connor personally.

Other suggestions

Elliott
Lyle
Alistair
Ethan
Nicholas
Marcus
Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics