Boy Names

Rachie004

Reaction score
We only have two boy names that we can remotely agree on but I'm not entirely in love with either of them.

Auden - I like it but I'm put off that it sounds like Gordon and that people may try to pronounce it as Owden.
Noah - Again, I like it but I think it's become very popular. I was always double named at school so would like to go for something slightly more unusual.
I'm not sure I can imagine a grown up sporting either name.

I love Oscar but husband hates it. We have lots of girls names, just struggling on boys names.

Just after opinions :)

I would pronounce it like "aw-den" not with an "r" sound in the middle?

It's pretty cool - how about Austin? Not overly popular but wont always be mispronounced.

I like Noah, it's cute - I can't picture it on an adult either but I guess that's bc I only know little kids with that name. Eventually we will all be accustomed to grownups named Noah, though!

I thought Ow-den for the first name. Noah isn't very popular here, and the only Noah I've ever known is my brother's stuffed bear from childhood.

As for not wanting to be double named, I thought going with Isaiah was a safe choice for my son and his second year of school, he's in the same class as another Isaiah. You just never know.

Well I'm biased since my sons name is Noah, so that would be my choice. That being said I really like Auden too!!! Tough choice!

We are really struggling with boys names too. We had lots of girls names but we are team blue so that's no help. 5 weeks until due date and not even got any possible names.

We both like different things but the other doesn't. Its So hard.

I agree about Noah. It's cute but has become very popular lately. I want something not too common but not unusual that it gets spelt/pronounced wrong.

My faves are
Theo
Alexander
Dylan

Hopefully we find something soon

Boys names are soo hard, i love Noah but that's my nephews name,
we've finally agreed to call our baby Zachary Jason x

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the replies! I think I'm pretty much settled on Noah although will see what baby looks like. I've not completely written off Auden yet - it's just so hard!

I like Austin but we're fans of classic cars and expect everyone would think we'd named the baby after an Austin Healey! I loved Theodore/Theo too but again OH doesn't like it.

Men are so awkward aren't they, vetoing Oscar and Theodore like that! :haha:

Noah is a beautiful name, as is Auden (which I'd never heard of before!) Do you have any instincts if it's a boy or girl? Have you girls names too then? We've literally only just settled on our baby's name - it was sooo hard!

I'm convinced (along with the rest of the general public who feel that it is there place to comment) that bump is a boy. We do have girls names but they seem to be less pressing. I think it's very much going to be a case of baby not having a name for a few days while we see what works.

What did you decide on in the end Red? :D xx

I'm convinced (along with the rest of the general public who feel that it is there place to comment) that bump is a boy. We do have girls names but they seem to be less pressing. I think it's very much going to be a case of baby not having a name for a few days while we see what works.

What did you decide on in the end Red? :D xx

Well most people seem to think my bump is boy too so you'd never know! (Although we know it's a girl and it has been confirmed by 3 people, we've not told anyone - just in case the scans are wrong, plus my family are a total pain and feel superstitious about knowing :wacko: ) We're thinking of Indigo Mae but we'll see what she looks like! I still love Millie and Penelope so they're still on the table :D

Aren't people so irritating that they feel the need to comment on the gender of your bump though? Does anybody really believe that the size/shape/position of your bump really indicates the presence of a penis or a vagina? Come on. :haha:

:haha: that is superb that you know and yet other people tell you otherwise. I guess they don't know that you know? I love Indigo Mae <3 I couldn't choose when you did a thread about your names, they were all fab! Penelope is/was one of our names but I'm not so keen on Penny, plus our surname ends in a 'Y' so I think it sounds odd having a double 'ee' sound

I do generally think that the way we carry is more down to our body shape than anything else and yet I can definitely see the difference between my bump and the bumps that you and Coco are sporting!

xx

Oh no, some people know that we know and STILL insist on telling us 'I don't care what anyone says, I KNOW it's a boy' :dohh: In my head I'm like, 'you don't care what the freaking SONOGRAPHER says then??' :haha:

Your bump may be a little higher than mine I guess but I don't know. I can't wait to see if your bump is boy or girl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->