Boyfriends family-help!

Justinel101

Reaction score
For the past month or so I've been living with my boyfriend and his mom and I don't think I've ever fought with him this much. I love him but the whole house is such chaos. His mom constantly yells about everything and she can't really do anything cause she's overweight so the house is a mess. And then his sister comes over basically every night and everyone just yells at eachother. It doesn't even feel like a family. I want to live with him and raise our son together but I have so many emotions going through me and being around the constant fighting is ruining our relationship. He also doesn't understand that I'm reaching the point where I don't want his family around our son because of how they treat eachother. I don't know what to do at this point. Just need some advice.

That's really not a healthy environment for anyone, let alone the child you're bringing into the world! Is moving out together and getting an apartment or something an option? If so, you really should look into it.

I think there must be more then she can't do housework because she is overweight. I was 305 and still managed just fine. Is she in pain from accident/mental issues/something else that this is the coverup?

Seems to much chaos then I would want to handle. Is there no other way out-family, womans shelter to get you into a decent career path/school/be on own with or without bf. Remember your child will think this is acceptable if born into this crap.

Is there no way you two could move out on your own? I don't know where you live so not sure on how housing goes where you are?

We live in massachussetts. He always says that if it stays this bad we'll move but then once I start looking at apartments he gets mad cause he says we can't afford it. He's also completely against government housing. He doesn't understand why it upsets me so much. I grew up with a big, loving family but there's just not room at my moms house for the 3 of us. I just don't understand how a family can yell at eachother all hours of the day and call eachother so many hurtful names.

This sounds like my family if im honest :haha:
When I had Jamie and lived with them it was soo stressful im not gonna lie it made the whole situation a lot harder. But I think when I moved out everything got so much easier and my relationship with my family got a lot better. So I don't know I guess maybe try talking to them about it :shrug: or go see someone and see what you could do about housing :flower:

How about you stay at home with your family until you can afford a place together? Surely a baby aswell as you cant take up too much space in your old home...
Sounds like a tricky situation... Me & my partner can afford to move out but we're choosing not too until our baby is about 6 months, as i wouldnt want to move into his home with him & not feel 100% comfortable with his other family around & the same for him living at my house really. But hang in there im sure everything will turn out ok for you soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->