boys bits - what do I need to know?

Boys are far easier than girls to change :), good luck! I think all the main points have already been said before me.

I'm a little confused about pulling the skin down if they are circumsized? I thought if they are circumsized that kind is removed? What are you pulling down? How soon after do you need to start doing that?

I'm a little confused about pulling the skin down if they are circumsized? I thought if they are circumsized that kind is removed? What are you pulling down? How soon after do you need to start doing that?

They now leave a little extra skin on, at least around here according to my pediatrician. It's basically just a little bunched up ring around the base of the head that is left. You just have to pull back a little to expose the crease and wipe out the smegma. If not it will start to adhere, which did start to happen at first with my DS. Doctor had to peal it back away. :( Not very pleasant.

Why do they leave extra? Can you ask them to just do normal circumsision? It seems like it kind of defeats the purpose if they leave extra so it still isn't clean...

They don't leave that much extra. I don't know exactly why they do that now, and it may just be in my area that they do it. I've heard different things about it, like leaving more nerve tissue and leaving enough so the skin doesn't get too tight during an erection when they are adults. You won't have to always pull the skin back to clean it, just when they are babies. I might check DSs every now and again, but haven't really done it every day since he was about a year old. The head is still exposed, just has a little bit of skin around the bottom of it. It's kind of hard to explain.

Why do they leave extra? Can you ask them to just do normal circumsision? It seems like it kind of defeats the purpose if they leave extra so it still isn't clean...

An intact penis isn't dirty, sorry but I had to say so. It has long been out of fashion to remove foreskins here and our boys/men don't walk around with filthy penis's.

They don't leave that much extra. I don't know exactly why they do that now, and it may just be in my area that they do it. I've heard different things about it, like leaving more nerve tissue and leaving enough so the skin doesn't get too tight during an erection when they are adults. You won't have to always pull the skin back to clean it, just when they are babies. I might check DSs every now and again, but haven't really done it every day since he was about a year old. The head is still exposed, just has a little bit of skin around the bottom of it. It's kind of hard to explain.

Thanks! I'm going to ask my MW about it at my next appointment. I had no idea there were different options, so I'm glad to know I can ask and see what the doctor here normally does.

You don't have to have them done, that is also an option :)

Ive just had a boy after two girls and after he was born, I didnt know what the hell to do with him :') Im getting used to it now, and havent been pee'd on in a few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->