Boys named charlie

MrsMac5

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on baby names and love the name Charlie. My only concern is that as he grows up people would expect his name to be Charles. I don't want to use Charles so would be registering him as Charlie. I was wondering if anyone had a boy called Charlie and if you think it causes any issues not using the 'proper' name of Charles on the birth certificate.

I know lots of kids both boys and girls with the name Charlie, I know here in Ireland it doesn't cause any issues when registering the birth. Its your choice what you want to call your lil one and no1 can tell you otherwise.

It shouldn't cause any problems really. I only know 2 Charlies and both of them are pre 10 years so don't know about anyone wanting to call them Charles.

I know lots of charlie's and no one assumes its short for charles or has called them charles because of it iykwim, i think if you like charlie go for it dont worry about the charles issue and it wont be an issue when registering your LO x

my son is called charlie hes almost 15 and hes not charles never had a problem with people thinking hes called charles :) x

My 12-year-old cousin is called Charlie. He's never had an issue with anyone calling him Charles or thinking he's called Charles.

my daughter is called Charlie (shes 10),ive never had anyone assume shes Charlotte and my cousin had a baby boy 2 weeks and has called him Charlie. I love it for boys and girls xx

I am considering this name as well. We'd probably go with the more formal name Charles - that way he has something to choose from as he grows up. I mean once he is an adult it's kind of out of your hands. Might as well give the kid some options.

I love the name Charlie. I would not always assume it is short for something. x

I have a Charlie, just a Charlie.. I think it's a name in its own right unlike say ollie for Oliver, Sammy for Samuel..

My other half is called Charlie. I think that in our day and age it has become a proper name in it's own right, rather than just a nickname :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->