Boys names suck :(

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Urgh this is a nightmare!

With DD every thing was so easy, picked her name at 17 weeks when we found out sex, both adored it and didn't feel the need to keep looking at names once we had decided. It was the easiest most natural decision ever.

This time round we had decided on 2 girls names we both really liked but low and behold we are having a boy.
I just don't think there's a boys name out there that I love :(
I quite like George, jack, Stanley and Benjamin but hubby hates all of them except Stanley but I just don't love it enough :(
He loves Frank but I hate frankie and other than that he hasn't really had any other ideas

I've come across other names that I quite like / think are ok but really haven't found anything I like enough to deal with saying it for the rest of my life.

Really starting to worry that there's just not a boys name out there that I will love and DH will go for :(

Sorry I'm not much help as im in completley the same boat! Our sons name is Max which was the only name we loved so hoped for a girl this time as I had a list as long as my arm but nope we are having another boy! I come up with a name only to go off it a few weeks later. I have one that I Love but OH has sort of agreed but I know his heart isn't in it as he keeps suggesting new names! Im worried we will end up choosing a name because we have to not because we love it! It's so difficult!

What about...

Oliver
Frederick
Derek
Jenson
Francis (nn Frank; not likely to get Frankie)
Harrison
Seth

We were opposite, had a boys name all picked out and were having a girl. But if we do have a boy in the future Liam Daniel will definitley be the name.

Have you considered doing a Jr.? I would love to, but he doesn't like the idea.

We were the opposite - boy names we could agree on easily enough but girls.. that was a drama. I always thought girls would be easy because there were so many names I loved, but hubby hated them all with a passion and all the names he loved I hated.

It's always so hard when you have different tastes in names, but you'll get there eventually! I found it was easier for us to take a break and not talk about it for a while then it was a little easier to get back to it and not have a screaming match haha

just some suggestions of boy names I love:

Matthew (my sons name so I'm biased)
James
Joshua (bit too popular now for my liking though)
Jack (you had that already but its so cute!)
Luca
Henry (bit old fashioned but have always loved it for some reason)
William (only because I like the nickname Will)

Hope this helps a little :)

We were the opposite - boy names we could agree on easily enough but girls.. that was a drama. I always thought girls would be easy because there were so many names I loved, but hubby hated them all with a passion and all the names he loved I hated.

It's always so hard when you have different tastes in names, but you'll get there eventually! I found it was easier for us to take a break and not talk about it for a while then it was a little easier to get back to it and not have a screaming match haha

just some suggestions of boy names I love:

Matthew (my sons name so I'm biased)
James
Joshua (bit too popular now for my liking though)
Jack (you had that already but its so cute!)
Luca
Henry (bit old fashioned but have always loved it for some reason)
William (only because I like the nickname Will)

Hope this helps a little :)

Loos like we have the same taste ;)
But OH is Matthew
He hates James
Joshua is too popular
Jack is a friends sons name as is Luca
I love Henry but OH says Enry which really annoys me
He hates William as says it sounds weak :(

I totally agree, I have a situation with "boys" names atm which I wont go into on this post, however putting that aside I cant think of any boys names that I really like. I do like Max ;), loved Noah last time I was pg but not so keen this time. Now girls names I have lots. We are staying team yellow so don't know what we are having, although everyone says boy!

However a name may just come to you, we had decided on Olivia for our dd for months, however 3 weeks after she was born we changed it to Maya Grace, which wasn't on our list, as Olivia just didn't suit her. Good luck x

we found this when we had our son I think naming girls is so much easier!! but how about.....

jamie:thumbup:

Mitchel
lewis
Dylan
dean
bobby

I don't definatley know I'm having a boy yet find out in 3 weeks but 100% sure it will be a boy so I've been looking for names but don't like any! This child is going to be called nameless lol

we found this when we had our son I think naming girls is so much easier!! but how about.....

jamie:thumbup:

Mitchel
lewis
Dylan
dean
bobby

Ooh Jamie, I hadn't thought of that! Love it, will have to run it past OH tonight :)

Were having the exact opposite problem! We have a ton of boy names we love but were having a girl and can't agree!

some that were on our not-so-shortlist:
Arlo
Logan
Camden
Landon
Ari
Jax
Louis
Ace
Dex(ter)
Sawyer
Preston
Killian
Tate
Nathaniel (Nate)
Levi
Cash
Colt
Emmett
Lee

Wooooo looks like we have finally decided!!

Henry :)

I am in the same boat as you! everything I love DH hates or doesn't care for. I want him to feel like he's apart of the naming process but he only likes Keith and I don't like it. it's so hard naming a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->