Boys toddlers/ girl toddlers

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi
any one had both and find their boy toddlers were really destructive?

My daughter was a pickle in her own way but my son!! Haha

He is soo destructive I have to have eyes every where. If you say no he does it more and worse. So I’ve had to change my tactics to not saying no and trying be positive.
Not sure if it’s been a while as my daughter is now 6 and I just can’t remember her being like this.
I’m a bit overwhelmed by his behaviour.

Help!

I've not got a girl so can't compare but I would say my son was never destructive, in fact he was very considered and thoughtful about anything he did. It's very possible that. as you said, your aren't remembering your daughter at that age, it'd guess that it's more likely that he just has a very different personality and it's nothing to do with gender.

I'm in gen ed, and people generalize boys as being more chatty and energetic and destructive. I don't buy into it, but I always hear comments about how, "Well, you know her class has way more boys than girls" or "Ugh I have so many boys this year!" Kind of irks me lol but they say it.

I have to say my daughter is/was way more destructive than my son :shrug: she is more into getting dirty in the garden/pre-school and like a whirlwind compared to him

I have 2 boys and a girl, my first boy was very gentle and never broke anything, his younger brother was the complete opposite and was so destructive. Even now at 3 he regularly breaks things and can be very rough. Luckily their sister seems more gentle , I think it's more down to personality than gender!

My boy is a lot more destructive than my girl was. She was such an easy toddler until she turned 3 and went through a very angry stage but she's back to being well behaved again when she turned 4. My boy has had a lot of tantrums and likes being destructive and will purposely antagonise you :haha:

No, my son was not more destructive. He was more energetic and jumped off absolutely everything to the point that instead of the rule being to not jump off furniture, we ended up deciding on one piece of furniture that was OK to jump off of.

My son (2) is definitely more destructive. He is also more confident, pushes the rules, more physical with play in general and great at puzzles or peg boards and messy play but also more cheeky happy and bursting with an energetic nature. My daughter (7) has always been quite moody, cautious, clever, kind, well behaved except with moodiness and no where near as physical in play. Maybe thats the wrong word she loves being outside and running around she does ballet and swimming but she was never a climber or wanted to bash things or make loud noises or get messy etc.

Difficult to tell i suppose what is gender or personality or a combination of both!

Yes! My daughter, although likes messy paint and digging in the garden, is a little princess. My son on the other hand is a nightmare. Likes to post what will fit through the window gap (it's got a security lock) even posted my new tablet out. We went through 3 tvs last year and has ruined umpteen boxes, tubs etc with being so rough. He can be sweet and asks for cuddles all the time but other times he makes me want to cry!

My girl is 4. My son is 1. So not reacjdd the toddler stage in my boy. But my daughter is the messiest person ever. She makes so much mess im often unable to spend time with my kids as all i do is try stop it becoming unmanagable. She climbs. She constantly wants food. Shes hard work. I hope my boys easier x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->