BP up -v worried now....

lisa9999

Reaction score
Had my consultant appt and growth scan this morning.

Good news - everything was fine with scan, bubs measuring bang on for dates etc. :)

Bad news - bp up. Got to double the amount of med I am on (from 250mg of methlydopa twice a day to four times a day) and go back on Sunday for monitoring!! :( :( :(

God I am so pissed off I could sit and cry, I knew it would be up, I dont know why, I just knew, even though I feel fine.

Its been around 130-135/80-85 consistently for ages, and now its bloody 150/100.
The consultant said she has a lot more options to explore yet, said that taking 2g a day would be safe for bubs and I will now be on 1g a day.

She also mentioned something else beginning with L that I cant remember the name of, she said that was safe to take on top of what I'm on? Anyone know what it is?

Oh she also said I have to see mw once a week now to have it monitored.

So now am really worried that I will be admitted.
My mum had high bp too, and she was with me this morn. She said 'oh when my bp went that high I was in hosp for 3 weeks' so now I'm thinking that I'm going to be sat in a effing hosp bed eating xmas dinner.

And I'm supposed to be working, fat chance. Am sat on the verge of tears now.

Sorry for going on but am really worried.

:( :(

Ah chick you're like my twin!! Must be cause we're due the same time. I too have been back to MW second time this week as my BP is up to 140/90. I have to go back next Wednesday and then get sent to hospital for bloods. on Xmas eve!!!

So i totally get how frustrated and worried you as I am sure the same thing is going to happen to me.

How long have you been on meds for it?

Hi
Not that long really, it was high before I was preg, but the doc always put it down to white coat syndrome and did nothing about it. She put me on the meds when I told her I was preg.

Great fun aint it? Have they mentioned meds to you yet?

Hope you dont have to go in. Try to relax.

My hubby has white coat syndrome too! xx

She mentioned taking a low dose of somethnig but I am not sure what the name of it is. I think now it depends what happens wednesday and am not to stress in the meantime. yeah right.

So did she put you on meds at 130/80?

Oh no, sorry, I was on the meds for prob about a month in between me telling the doc I was preg and when I first saw the mw, and I looked in my notes this morn and thats what it was on my booking in appt.
Before that it was around 140-150/100, similar to what it was today! Gutted!

I see. I just wondered on what basis they would medicate me.

Well what else can you do chick but try and take it easy. When do you finish work?

Do you mean for xmas or maternity?
Finish on wed for xmas.
I was planning on working until mid/end March, as long as I can, but I dont know how realistic that will be!

I was going to finish March 19th but have brought it forward to february 26th. I have just been told I can take 16 days holiday so might be thinking about leaving feb 12th.
is there any way you can leave earlier? Do you have a stressful job?

I suppose I could, but I would have preferred to take longer after bubs is here if you get me.

I work in an office, finance manager, not particularly stressful. I think they may end up signing me off for a bit though!

well if they do there's not much really you can do, but at least you get paid should get paid ;-)

Hope it settles down soon xx

its Labetalol....Please take your medication as precribed, anytime you feel unwell tell your mw/ GP. Hopefully you will be able to control your BP that you wont have any problems.

.x.x.x.

its Labetalol....Please take your medication as precribed, anytime you feel unwell tell your mw/ GP. Hopefully you will be able to control your BP that you wont have any problems.

.x.x.x.

^ Yep, this is exactly what I'm on and is 100% safe.

Don't be too worried though, as long as you take your medication all should be fine.

awww, poor you lisa. really hope that the increase in your meds has the desired effect. remember it's a long time since your mom was pg (presuming it was with you or someone close to your age!!) and medications have got tonnes better. xx

Thanks all
Had my appt at MAU yesterday, was put on a bp machine, sitting in a big comfy chair and it took my bp every 10 mins.
It has come down, especially the bottom figure, so they were happy with that. Just got to see mw on Wed and have it checked again, if it goes back up the consultant has written in my notes to put me on this other med as well (it is labetalol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->