bras

T

tinytoes

I read that underwired bras arent recomended whilst pregnant and that the wire might interfere with the milk making process.
Anwyay, even though it's early days, I'm bursting out of my current "Over teh shoulder boulder holders", so needed to buy some new.
I decided to get a cross your heart type one, no wire.

And WOW it is so very comfy!!! I love it. I call it my first grown up lady bra. It's the sort of bra that all Mums should own - a massive white floppy thing hanging on the washingline!!!

So, it's great ... Except.....1 - so expensive and a nightmare to find - 99.9% of bras seem to contain wire...and 2 - the thin material offers no coverup for excessive nipple moments...looks like the thin knit jumpers for work might be out for a while....

any tips? Any good bra makes?

Hi,

I can't really answer that but it would help me too if anyone has any advice to share.

I went to good old M&S yesterday and was fitted for a non wired maternity bra. I usually wear a 36B (always worn padded and underwired) but bought a 36D it fits ok at the moment but I also have some room to expand. I'm only 5 weeks pregnant and wasn't expecting my boobs to "blossom" so quickly. How many weeks are you?

xxx

i usually got for underwired padded bras but am already fitting a C. But because of the padding I am used to not having embarssing nipple moments. The wire-less one is terrible for them!! But so comfy!! It's the slippers of the bra world!
I'm 7.5 weeks. To be honest I shot up in the first 5 weeks and dont seem to have gone up much in the last 2...

I know exactly what you mean about the nipple problems! TBH I don't think there's much you can do except wear big jumpers - at least it's winter.

So can we not wear wired bras anymore?!?

I have been wearing wired and sometimes padded ones?

No, you need to give the breasts room for development, helps when it comes to breastfeeding. Get out of the wires!!!

ohhhh going to have to look into this some more! didn't know you wasn't supposed to, although i am not going to breast feed...

i'm not sure how it affects things if you're not breast feeding. Oh but do try if u can - breast is best :)
But honest, try a wire free and it's soooo comfy...i cant priase it enough!
I'm still in my wirey ones untill i can stock up though, i'm sure at this early stage it's not so essential...

I used to work in Mothercare and was one of the trained bra fitters and, no, you're not advised to wear underwire (although I am). I'm normally an E cup and I'm dreading getting any bigger. I remember being amazed at how big some ladies grew.

A useful link for this post:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/underwirebraexpert/

I used to work in Mothercare and was one of the trained bra fitters and, no, you're not advised to wear underwire (although I am). I'm normally an E cup and I'm dreading getting any bigger. I remember being amazed at how big some ladies grew.

i've found i get more support from the cross your heart type one i just bought than i do with the underwired where I'm bouncing all over the show. There just seems to be more complex engineering in the wireless ones.

I got my maternity bra's from Marks and Spencers. I think they were £20ish for a pack of two. A white one & black one. They're not anything attractive but they are comfortable, At the end of the day its the comfort that counts.

X

I am wearing my underwired one still during the day..but have found wearing my sports bra to bed more comfortable (wouldnt normally wear bra in bed) it seems to stop my bb hurting so much!! Will check out mothercare/marks & sparks when I get a bit further on!!

Having read earlier posts, I started looking into where I can get a decent maternity or soft cup bra from. A friend recommended Bravissimo for really nice bras for bigger boobs, I´ve not been able to buy anything from there yet as they start at a size D - but had a look at the website today and they´ve got some nice bras, not just the usual plain black or white for bigger cup sizes.

https://www.bravissimo.com/

I HAVE to wear wired bras...nothing else holds 'em up! They're too dang big! :(

TBH I just bought sports bras for my pregnancy and they were the works, I was so comfy all the way thru my pregnancy!

Thank you all for the info on this. I didn't know that you're not supposed to wear underwire or padded bras. I'm a D cup and am used to wearing Victoria Secrets padded push up bras (the bigger they are, the harder they fall, lol!!). I'm still wearing my usual bra, but bursting out of it already (I think I'm 7/8 weeks). I'll have to look into getting better bras. Hopefully they won't cost $50.00 like Victoria Secrets, lol!!! Thanks for the heads up.

I HAVE to wear wired bras...nothing else holds 'em up! They're too dang big! :(

seriously the non underwired contraption I bought offers more support than any of my underwireds which seem to just push them up. This newun seems to hold them from all angles.

I am wearing underwire brad all through my pregnancy. I've wear Victoria Secret (Their "Body" Line) underwires as I find them so comfy. I never purchased maternity bras, and simply just bought the same bras in a larger size. I'll probably switch over to non wires only during the breast feeding months.

I've already grown out of my 'normal' bras so I'm going bra shopping tomorrow :p My boobs are pretty big too, but I am going to go to M&S and get myself measured :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->