Braxton Hicks and Premature Labor, advice please :)

calilove77

Reaction score
Hey ladies, :flower:
I was just curious if any of you experienced braxton hicks.... I had an evening of them a couple nights ago (one every 5-7mns for over an hour) they stopped after I drank a large amount of water though. I am now just trying to figure out if there is a link between people having lots of braxton hicks and premature labor. I called the on-call Dr. when I was having them and he gave me one more hour and if I had 6 to just go straight to the hospital for premature labor. Luckily I didn't.
If anyone experienced this or if you know if there is a connection between the two that would be so very helpful. I am now wondering if I should have all my bags packed and everything ready to go at 34 weeks (or now for that matter!) instead of 36 weeks. :shrug:

I never ever experienced Braxton Hicks. I literally just had contractions and then had my baby! So I'm not sure! A lot of us had babies here very very early and might not even have had time to experience them!

Im glad things have calmed down , I have heard water helps braxtons hcks to keep hydrated and stress free! And if you ever feel like somethings not right, big or small, get it checked out :)

We're always here, dont be afraid to ask! (I know I was always scared to come in here, now look at me, I blooming belong in here!)

Braxton Hicks??? I never even had labour!

I'd always recommend having the bags packed early though - even if there are no issues with a pregnancy, ours came out of the blue and I had nowt.

On the upside I didn't need any of the baby stuff anyway though - I had 6 weeks after she was born to get that sorted:haha:

Good luck.:hugs:

Hi hun. I have been plagued with BH throughout this pregnancy and have so far reached nearly 35wks. I haven't had them as regularly as you reported, but i do get them for a couple of hours each day around 20mins apart.

I am told that they are more common in a twin pregnancy, and because this is my 3rd pregnancy, tho I do remember them with my first but they were much later on.

BH are a normal part of pregnancy, but if they become painful, or very regular then they could be labour. Drink plenty of water throughout the day (a glass an hour) and rest if they start - that should help. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->