Braxton hicks and real contractions

sashadoll

Loving my boys
Reaction score
Hey Ladies it's been forever since I posted but all is well. I'm 36+ weeks almost time! Anyway my question is are braxton hicks contractions any indication of what type of labor pain you'll have such as having more back labor than uterine? My bh are more painful now but I mostly get pain in my back. I'm convinced this means I'll have more back labor so I've been doing research to find ways to change babies position but man if those bh are any indication than lord help me and my support team lol. Tia

I couldnt say if BH one way or another predict labor, but I will tell you unfortunately back labor is a bitch... Had that with my DD 7 years ago. I was totally unprepared for back labor, had no idea it existed. Back rubs (fist in lower back, circles) REALLY helped me. GL momma.

Thank you. I've read many stories about it and I hope to avoid it but I'm preparing for any and everything. Hubby and Doula already know what to do lol. Gl to you as well

I feel your pain. I had a back to back delivery with my first, but it was mostly at the front. This time I've been getting back BH on and off for a couple of weeks now along with front tightenings. I had it whilst at the OB last week and they confirmed I was not in labour.

I hope it doesn't mean anything! Gl x

My BH have always been my tummy hardening, and usually painless but all over.
My labour with ds was all in my back lower under bump area like where you get period pain and the tops of my thighs.
It really wasn't what I expected at all.
Xx

My first was back to back and I managed until 8cm with just warm water being poured on my lower back while on all fours then hit the gas and air. I found that labour much more manageable than my second which was in the preferred position. I think for me the back pain was easier to cope with than the all round pain.

I didn't get noticeable BH the first time but the second time I had awful pain for weeks that I didn't know what it was until I went into labor and realised they must have been BH. I find the pains in this pregnancy are more indicative of his current position, yes. I get back BH and need sacral message when he's tilted to the back and cervix/period pain BH when he's where he should be.

Fabulous question!!!

I had once read where you get your period cramps is how you will labor. This proves true for me. I always get my cramps low and radiating down my legs. Which is also true for my BH. Then further I progress the harder they get. I had the same last month with my DS. Making labor for me easier. I had plenty of practice!

Thanks ladies! I'm hoping not to have back pain I've been looking at spinning babies and I have some ideas and positions that are suppose to help. I've noticed today the pain was more in my thigh area and it did feel like period cramps.

The lady who did my ante-natal classes told me that labour pain will often follow the pattern of the period pains you usually get. I don't know if this is true as I'm a FTM, but I hope it is as I usually get period pains in my thighs and not really anywhere else. The back pain sounds horrific!

With both of my LO's I had B's mainly in the front but they were both back to back. With my DD I got contraction pains in my thighs too but didn't get any BH's where the tightening effected my thighs. Both of my labours were manageable and quite enjoyable despite being b2b, so try not to stress if you find LO is back to back :)

Omg. I just ed watched a labor video of a woman who had back labor no no noooooo.... with my son I didn't have back labor and I did get an epi with my Second we are going all natural. Pray for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->