• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton hicks at 20 weeks....

Kirsty88

Reaction score
Is it normal to be having them quite often?
Not regularly but every day about
6-10 times? X

Yes I had them loads last time around, from about 15 weeks. As long as it's def braxtons its fine. My midwife told me to drink a big glass of water whenever it happened as it can be dehydration and sit down and put your feet up. Mine continued the whole way through too! This time around I haven't had any.
If you're worried then call your mw but if you're sure it's braxtons then don't worry about them as long as they aren't getting stronger x

I second the water thing, other than that it's all normal and fine BUT if you have more than four in an hour you need to call a midwife x

Also worth getting your urine checked. I was getting them at 18 weeks then I found out I had a infection and they have stopped since I went on antibiotics x

Is it normal to be having them quite often?
Not regularly but every day about
6-10 times? X

As long as they stay at this frequency and you've nothing going on down below then that's fine. I have an irritable uterus so I get tightenings quite a bit . They're a total pain in the butt . :blush::haha:

Yeh it's normal :) I'm on my fifth pregnancy and I've been getting them since 15 weeks especially if I'm walking a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->