Braxton hicks at 24 weeks? Too soon?

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies...as the title says, I'm 24 weeks with #2 and started having some Braxton hicks today. I'm already high risk for premature birth so it kind of freaked me out. Is this too soon, or pretty common with baby #2?

Nope not too early!
I was just at my doctor's office today and asked him about it. I have been having them since about 15 weeks (I am 18 now) and he said it is totally normal! He also mentioned that you will feel them earlier with your second, third, etc. Pregnancies.

Thank you SO much!!! Your response will help me sleep better tonight! I was getting really worried!

You're doing just fine!!! Very normal. When I got Braxton hicks earlier on in my pregnancies, I get them throughout much of second Tri, but my body always tells me I'm dehydrated (or overdoing it!) by giving me Braxton hicks contractions during my pregnancies.

I've starting feeling mild bh-y type feelings already and I'm only 15 weeks! I agree that dehydration can bring them on too so keep drinking.

Thanks ladies! I def feel like I'm overdoing it 24/7, as I'm a stay at home mom to a 20 month old who is on the go allllll day long. Lol. I will keep drinking though!

Sounds normal to me too! I think you can get BH at any point during pregnancy.
I've been having some here and there, and it's been really mild.

Totally normal. This is my 4th baby and I've been getting them for the past week especially if I do a lot of walking.

3rd baby here and been getting BH on and off randomly since about 8wks! I think after the first one you just recognise different sensations earlier on, I don't think you necessarily experience them any earlier. You just know what you are feeling the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc whereas with #1 you would just think it was a mild cramp or random ache.

With my second baby I had BH from very early on at around 10 weeks.

Yeah totally normal ! I have an irritable uterus too so I already feel it niggling on and off . My last pregnancy anytime I was connected to a CTG (which I was a few times from 32ish weeks!) I showed up as having regular tightenings . They weren't sore and I had an elcs at 38weeks. I understand your concern though as I have had a preemie baby too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->