• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Braxton Hicks - I get lots....what do you know about them.

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
This is baby no2. I remember getting Braxton hicks during my first pregnancy but I can't remember how intense they were. Plus I didn't worry so much about everything when pregnant with dd.

I have been getting BHs that I notice from about 18 weeks. (At my 13 week scan I had a contraction that I saw but couldn't feel).
I get quite a lot all the time.
My midwife said that it is normal but as I've been getting so many it could be a sign that I have to slow down and rest more....easier said than done when I have a two year old, a husband who works 7 days a week and I try to all of our business paperwork into the days when dd goes to playschool.

My midwife says if it was early labour it's going to happen if I rest or not...but if it's because I need to rest they should go.

So I was getting lots this afternoon, feeling tired, ms was back and generally achy. Dh finished work early at 4.30pm so he entertained dd whilst I lay on the sofa. Then when I put dd to bed I fell asleep too. I awoke at 9pm so I've had plenty of rest...but the Braxton hicks have kept on coming in the past hour.

I honestly don't think it's labour.

I'm just wondering if you get them and what you have been told about them by your midwife? Is there anything else I should be doing? Or shouldn't be doing?

I've been getting them since about 18 weeks as well. Drinking a lot of water and resting seems to help me. Sometimes you can get them being dehydrated so make sure you are drinking lots!

I've also been getting them for the past few weeks. It's entirely normal to get them earlier and earlier each oregnancy though it can be a little worriesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->