braxton hicks that are painful and frequent

Sheri2

mother of 3 and expecting
Reaction score
For the past 3 hours I keep getting bh's maybe like 5 minute apart. They don't feel like real contractions but they are kinda painful. I'm 28+1, been drinking plenty of water, and haven't done anything different today then I usually do. I feel baby moving like normal. I just don't know what to do or think :-/ This is my 4th baby I should be used to this stuff but I never dealt with this before.

if they are five min apart i would call the dr. just because they are not painful for you, does not mean they are not real contractions. with my lil guy, painless contractions dilated me to 3 cm. also i had a virus while preg with him at 34 weeks and had to take pills to stop contractions. my uterus was contracting from having diarrhea and i never felt them! so def call. ur way to early yet. my friend had to have the pills and a stitch put in at like 6 months

BH can absolutely be painful, and frequent, and in subsequent pregnancies they can begin sooner & last longer. I'm on my 4th as well and some days they last for hours. I'd say if they don't let up after a big glass of water & a warm bath then I'd get checked out.

OMGoodness, I could have written this initial post. I'm having what I think are BH as well. Feels like ovarian cramps, only on one side. Baby is moving and kicking on the opposite side. Been in bed with my feet up all day, and drinking plenty of water. The cramps keep stopping, and resuming. I'm 28w4d.

Getting in the bath now to see if that helps.....they don't hurt like labor contractions do but they do have a pressure kind of hurt to them. Hopefully my Dr won't be hearing from me.

I've had this all week...day 3 I finally called the Dr. and went in. I was dilated to 1cm (maybe b/c this is my 3rd baby or may be from contractions). Day 5 I went in to triage b/c it didn't stop...they were coming frequent and regular. They were able to pick them up on the monitor. B/c I had no cervical change, they sent me home and told me I needed to "take it easy." So, as long as the contractions are not changing your cervix...it's something for me anyway, I'm just putting up with for now. But you won't know unless you call your Dr. or midwife to get checked.

The bath didn't change anything. I called my Dr and he said if they get worse go to the er and if I still have them in the morning to call back. I get regular growth scans had one less than 2 weeks ago and everything including my cervix was perfect so he isn't worried unless it continues. Told me to put my feet up, drink water, and to relax and not do any heavy lifting. Not possible for me seeing I have a 10 month old mama's boy. Hopefully he just sleeps through the night and this all works itself out by morning. Thank you forthe responded lady's. Its nice to know people care :)

Definitely let us know tomorrow how you are.... Hope all is well :hugs:

Sheri if you are still getting them I really would suggest seeing someone to be examined. If (god forbid please) it was contractions, they can be stopped in enough time.

I agree with PP who said with subsequent babies BH get worse and worse - This is my 6th and they're the worst BH yet!

But they are BH.. I'd say if you can't sleep through them then you need to call someone up to get checked out.

For me, they start in the early afternoon and don't stop until I'm in bed and sleeping.. I can (and do) ignore them tbh, but they do take my breath away - to the point of breathing through them sometimes.

It's pretty normal for me - But if you're worried of course ask your midwife, although be prepared for a 'this is your fourth baby, of course you're going to get them' type response - just in case!..

Have found with my last few babies that if I say anything about anything that it tends to get put down to '3 or more baby syndrome' :lol:

Hope everythings ok :hugs:

Thank you all for your concerns and opinions. I was able to sleep through the bh 's but not through my 10 month olds bad night...ughhhhh. All is well bh's have stopped and haven't had any issues this morning. I just feel really off today, not my normal self and just really achey at the bottom of my belly. I go see my on on Wednesday so I will be bringing it up to him and have him make sure everything is good, unless they start again (praying they don't) then I'll call again. Just taking it easy for today and enjoying it. Thank you again ladies hope you have a wonderful day :)

Glad they stopped for you :hugs: Enjoy your rest and relaxation til Wednesday

Glad to hear they stopped. Unfortunately mine did too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->