Braxton Hicks, they aren't supposed to hurt right?

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
looking for infomration on Braxton Hicks, i'm almost 33 weeks and for the past few weeks now i've been getting those tightenings that i know can be BH but today i've actually been getting pains, one literally that had me stop what i was doing at work and brace myself on the wall because i had pain shooting down "there" and across my tummy. I have an ultrasound tonight and i have put a call in with my midwife but no call back yet. No bleeding just the pain, i had another one maybe 20 minutes later but less intense, now i'm a bit worried

Your definately doing the right thing by calling the midwife regarding it. Braxton hicks can become pretty uncomfortable but your still right to be checked out. Hopefully it settles down xx

Mine do hurt sometimes.. have had them checked out and they are just braxtons but they take my breath away sometimes! Best to get it checked. When they happen try drinking a big big glass of water and having a sit down x

Mine sometimes become really intense and I wouldn’t say really hurt but definitely really uncomfortable.
It’s always good to get checked when you have pain hopefully it’s nothing and maybe baby was in a funny position when the bh hit and that’s why it was so unpleasant.
I hope all is well with you both.

Mine hurt really bad around 33/34 weeks, turns out I was dehydrated, constipated and just doing too much - I drank more, took lactulose, and made myself rest all the time and they stopped being painful.

They can definitely hurt. I wouldn't have called it really painful, more annoying. I had them from around 30 weeks with my last pregnancy. Ironically my contractions when I was really in labor weren't too painful either until the end when I started feeling lots of pelvic pressure with the contractions, like a bowling ball was about to fall out of me, so I didn't get to the hospital until I was 8 cm dilated. I think if your BH are painful a call to the midwife is a good idea.

I’ve just started noticing my BH and they aren’t painful but are very uncomfortable. Probably best to be checked. I read if you can change position and they remain then it needs checking.

Personally I'd say no but it would depend on an individuals thresh hold to pain as well I think to be fair.

i had my midwife check me out, she said i'm doing too much at work and have actually strained one of my hips so its causing a lot of pain :( i've scaled back a bit at work hoping it helps! i've got 4 more weeks left before i am due to leave on maternity leave

Ouch! That's not sounding like a lot of fun at all! :cry: Fingers crossed that they can help get the pain under control, help it feel better and that you can finish work before you take your leave. It's no fun having to leave earlier than you plan. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->