Braxton Hicks - when do they start?!

kristen77

Reaction score
Hello! Am a bit confused with these - are they normal then? Does everyone get them?! When do they start roughly? I figured it was much later on, just before your due date? :wacko:

Mine has started already and i am nearly 25 weeks.

You have them from really early on, just some dont feel or feel them later on.

Ive felt mine for a few weeks now

They start from about 8 weeks - you just dont feel them until later when your uterus is bigger. I had a few when I was 15 weeks as I had a UTI and then didnt feel any again until last week, and even now they are pretty sporadic...

I didn't feel any at all with my first pregnancy. This time I've felt them from about 18 weeks.

The books say we might start feeling them as early as 20 weeks. My obgyn though thinks it's a little too early for that. BH did go away for me for a while after I had them first at around 22 weeks. Now I can feel them more often. It's painless and I wouldn't even say uncomfortable.

I have been getting them already - and for several weeks now. I think its super early - since with my first I didn't get them probably till after 30 weeks or so.... but I'm guessing its because this is my 2nd baby? I don't know. But they are super annoying to me. They don't hurt - but they ARE very uncomfortable TO ME. They are different for everyone though. Some women hardly feel em.

I know with my first - they weren't as bad as this time around. With my first they only lasted a few seconds off and on. This time they seem to last a LONG time when I get them!

I'm 26 weeks and i don't even know if i've had them....:)

I felt them from about 20 weeks - this is my 2nd pregnancy though!

can someone describe exactly what they feel like?
my uterus keeps randomly going really hard for a few minutes at random times.
it doesn't hurt but feels a bit odd.

can someone describe exactly what they feel like?
my uterus keeps randomly going really hard for a few minutes at random times.
it doesn't hurt but feels a bit odd.

That's what they feel like! Hehehe it's a weird sensation, everything feels kinda tight and your bump goes hard to the touch. I've started getting mine, always seems to be at night when I'm most relaxed.

oh wow didn't think you get them until much later on!
I take it that they're completely normal and harmless then? I get them a few times a day

oh wow didn't think you get them until much later on!
I take it that they're completely normal and harmless then? I get them a few times a day

They are fine. They are only a worry if they get stronger, painful and regular

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->