Braxton Hicks.

Shelby2007

Khyler Rae born 1/26/10
Reaction score
Has anyone had these in second tri..

what do they feel like?

TIA.

Sorry I didnt know this question was asked yesturday.. but Im still going to ask.. because it didnt get many answers.

Thanks.

pain... :S

Like ur winded i guess, but more sharp. all the way round the front of your bump and makes u stop and stand for a min,

Stand up straight, get someone to put their arms right round your middle and squeeze you for about 10 seconds....thats about it! They can be uncomfy but should never be painful. they certainly can make you stop what your doing and deep breath a bit until it goes away. In later stages your belly will go rock hard too.
Ive been having them since early 2nd tri,nothing to worry about!

I think there might be a lot of first time mums who have no clue. Like me. :wacko: But i spoke to someone who's 39 weeks and she said it makes your tummy go all hard and really uncomfortable. :shrug:

Well for the past few days now (once a day) - i get this weird thing in the front of my stomach but below my belly button.. and it kinda makes me double over. Didnt know if that's what BH felt like -OR if this was just my ligaments stretching.

umm.. i had a BH, yes just one haha, But my GP told me thats what it was.... And i was in pain for a minuite. So i disagree bout the pain.. it was sore for me the first time. not had one since.. but it made me double over for a min, then i was ok. I just thought ' omg, is this what labour is like ' ... and it also went hard at the front lower belly!

Sounds like the right area but if it's making you double over I'd suggest it's more the stretching ligaments than BH. Like previous posters have said,it is uncomfortable but not painful and certainly shouldn't make you double up. It can be shocking, you wouldn't expect them but their a bit odd rather than painful.

I dunno:shrug::shrug:

either way, i was in pain for about 50 seconds! :cry:

mind u, i had done FAR TOO MUCH that day bending and lifting and stuff,

mind u, i had done FAR TOO MUCH that day bending and lifting and stuff,

NAUGHTY PURPLEDAHLIA!!!! NAUGHTY PURPLEDAHLIA!!!! :growlmad:

Now go to bed and rest and no cookies for you *wags finger*

NO lifting woman! my mother had a slipped disc in one pregnancy and then got a hernia after me as a result of her thinking she was fine and normal.

You're not! You're pregnant! NO more lifting! tut-tut!

Okay you can have a cookie. But only one! :hugs:

hahaha!!
I had to pack up my room, pack a HUGE case, hoover and clean the entire empty room, wash all the bedding and towels for new au pair, go to post office and pack 4 post pak boxes and move to guest room, and i was on the 5th floor.! wo i had no choice really! i did however make one of the kids help.... more like bribe.. bar of dairy milk to help me?! haha, then i cooked a roast dinner for 7 and cleaned up the living room and kitchen... OOPS. one more working day left, a 12 hour bus ride, and IM HOME!!

Well - we have custody of my 10 month old nephew (2 weeks now) and I have been lifting him and his gigantic carseat! So maybe Im doing a little too much too.

Yeah maybe you should leave that to the OH... or just lift him out the carseat before lifting him??

Can feel bit like period pain cramping, along with uterus going hard.
Or, uterus just going hard.

Had them for hours tonight grr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back