Braxton hicks??

Lauren25xx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I know I'm technically still in the 2nd trimester but thought I would post here too if that's ok :)

I'm 26 weeks and today I've felt a little crampy... I've been led down for over an hour now and I can feel him moving but also every now and then I just get a tightening feeling and my belly goes really hard. I feel like I've been getting them quite regularly though.

Should I be concerned? If not when do I need to be? :/

Sounds like BH hun but if you are still concerned give your midwife a call just to put your mind at ease. Make sure you are not dehydrated, sometimes this can cause tightenings too.

Hi everyone! I know I'm technically still in the 2nd trimester but thought I would post here too if that's ok :)

I'm 26 weeks and today I've felt a little crampy... I've been led down for over an hour now and I can feel him moving but also every now and then I just get a tightening feeling and my belly goes really hard. I feel like I've been getting them quite regularly though.

Should I be concerned? If not when do I need to be? :/

I have been getting them for about 10 weeks now. And this week (27 weeks) is by far the worst. I ended up going to the doctor and my OB suggested I get a maternity support belt to help lift this little man up.

My problem is he is head down, extremely low, pushing down causing myself to ache really bad.

She told me to finish up my work day and go home right to the couch and get off my feet. No more cleaning (vacuuming and mopping), no more lifting and no more bending!!

Everyone is different, so I would go see your OB to ease your mind!

I've been having tightenings since about 20 which have got worse since 26 weeks.
I went in to be checked out with the first 'bad spell' at 26 weeks and all was fine, but it's been ongoing pretty much every day the same since then.
I'm in the mindset of ignoring them now unless they become consistently stronger/painful (as opposed to uncomfortable) and progress in terms of frequency etc as well as strength.
Lots of people say resting and hydration usually helps to reduce them but that's never really been the case for me, and my consultant said that if they're going to turn into labour then they will do so anyway, whether you're resting or not so I just ignore them now, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->