braxton hicks

Helabela

Mum to Sophie and ttc
Reaction score
silly questions but whats it feel like??

I had some pain in my lower tummy today, it wasnt too painfull but was like a shooting pain for a while then it eased off to be just a numb light pain, not painful but i could feel it was there if that makes sense?? I wasnt sure whether this was braxton hicks or whether i'm just over worked?? I have been busier than usual at work today, standing a lot more than usual and stretching and leaning, the pain came when i sat back down, it only happened once.

for me, my braxton hicks are at the top of my bump and are like a tightening pain, but i do get pains like that too! asked my mw about it and she said its just aches and pains. (but then i've been having problems with her lately!! lol) if your worried about anything, phone mw or hospital for some advice hun! but i'm always getting shooting pains. i'm really sorry i've been practically f-all help!! lol! x

Does your bump go hard hun? BHs often feel like period pain, very low and just under your bump, and at the same time your bump will harden. They shouldn't last long and should be irregular.

On the other hand, shooting pains in your pelvis could also be a result of your baby being head-down and putting pressure on your cervix.

As above, call your MW if you've got any concerns, no matter how little :)

Does your bump go hard hun? BHs often feel like period pain, very low and just under your bump, and at the same time your bump will harden. They shouldn't last long and should be irregular

Im pleased u wrote that cos thats what i get from time to time and wasnt sure if they were braxton hicks or not! i was in the shower this morning and suddenly felt like i had period pain (even a bit back ache like i was about to come on) and my bump went harder than normal. i was so uncomfortable standing, i sat down in the bath and let the water run over me for a while till it passed. didnt last long and wasnt painful, just uncomfortable :/

I have those shooting pains. My dr. said it is just the baby putting pressure on a cervix/nerves. Yesterday I had a shooting pain around my cervix with every step I took, it was awful. Hopefully baby moves up a little today and off my cervix.

I also get shooting pains, but they aren't BH for me.

For me BH is just a really tight feeling, occasionally with period type pain xx

Does your bump go hard hun? BHs often feel like period pain, very low and just under your bump, and at the same time your bump will harden.

That's exactly how mine are... Mine are usually very mild so it took me a while before I realized they were BH's. But they don't seem to feel the same to everyone.

I've had shooting pains a couple times but not for long.

My BH are a really tight feeling like baby is going to burst out lol and if I'm walking it's quite painful but other than that no pain. Have only had period type pains maybe 4 times for a few mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->