Braxton Hicks

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
When did your BH contractions start? I don't remember them being until the third trimester with DS but I've had a few this pregnancy and I'm only 21 weeks.

I actually only just clicked that the sensation is a BH. I thought both times baby must just be laying in an awkward position causing pressure but then I remembered that's what BH felt like the first time only stronger because my uterus would have been bigger. It's only up to my belly button at the moment so the tightness/pressure is all below belly.

My placenta is posterior this time as opposed to anterior the first time so maybe that has something to do with feeling them earlier this time?

Hope it's normal?

With my DS BH started around the third trimester, with DD they started at 16 weeks, and luckily I haven't had them yet with this pregnancy.

I got them before 12 weeks (can't remember exactly when but I had them by the first scan) with all of my pregnancies

Last time, they started at 26 weeks for me and were every day.
This time they started at 18 weeks! Only occasionally though so far

I've had them for the last month or two. I get them every day. Multiple times a day.

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I started noticing them at 22 weeks

Mine started at around 6 weeks with my third and fourth pregnancies. 16 with my first, 12 with my second. If they're noticeable, I just sit down and relax with headphones in and a large glass of water and sip and just enjoy peace and life for a few minutes without being able to hear my kids argue over whichever toy they all want. That's a rare moment around here. haha. But seriously, dehydration is the number one cause of feeling your Braxton Hicks or getting an increasing amount, so go get yourself a big glass of water, and drink up. One is fine, but after two, you need to go drink up. Change your position, and see if that stops them. My doctor asks for patients to call if they have 3 or more in a day at this stage, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks girls, sounds pretty normal. I'll keep my fluids up!

I had my first maybe 19 or 20 weeks. I didn't even know what it was. Most likely, my trigger was dehydration as plain water was making me sick at the time. Now that it's mostly not (sometimes I feel a little gross after drinking water, but whatever) they've stopped.

I had my first maybe 19 or 20 weeks. I didn't even know what it was. Most likely, my trigger was dehydration as plain water was making me sick at the time. Now that it's mostly not (sometimes I feel a little gross after drinking water, but whatever) they've stopped.

I definitely only seem to notice them on days where I haven't had as much water so I think it definitely makes a difference.

When I had morning sickness in first tri water was the main thing that set me off. I couldn't drink still water, had to be mixed with cordial or juice. I could drink sparkling but who wants to drink that all day? It was hard so I know what you mean about feeling gross. Looking back I must have been so dehydrated because I hardly drank any fluids because it would make me vomit straight away.

At first I drank half glasses of water and half glasses of juice, but I felt terrible every time I looked at how many grams of sugar I was consuming. So I ended up drinking water with lemons squeezed in for awhile. Eventually I got sick of the work (picking out 3587 lemon seeds, cutting up the lemons, storing the lemons, at work, lol) so I brought a lemon juice squeeze bottle. Eventually I wanted to gag after tasting water with a squirt of lemon in it so I just got dehydrated or drank decaf. Eventually I tried water and it didn't make me super nauseous, and I wanted to cry with relief. :haha:

At first I drank half glasses of water and half glasses of juice, but I felt terrible every time I looked at how many grams of sugar I was consuming. So I ended up drinking water with lemons squeezed in for awhile. Eventually I got sick of the work (picking out 3587 lemon seeds, cutting up the lemons, storing the lemons, at work, lol) so I brought a lemon juice squeeze bottle. Eventually I wanted to gag after tasting water with a squirt of lemon in it so I just got dehydrated or drank decaf. Eventually I tried water and it didn't make me super nauseous, and I wanted to cry with relief. :haha:

The things we have to do eh? :haha:
I only drank watered down juice occasionally but mainly stuck with sugar free cordial and I made it super weak so it just added a little flavour. The worst was my 7week scan when I had to drink 1.5L water in an hour. I gagged so many times and felt so nauseous :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->