Braxton Hicks

Cheshirista

Reaction score
Felt my first one in the middle of the night, like my belly was being squeezed really hard. Not entirely pleasant.

As well as that, I woke up in the night with my left ear squashed and cramp in my left bum cheek, and another time got awoken by OH having a sleep-shout about tidying the house.

Shattered this morning.

Sounds like a wonderful night lol... Hope your day is better! xo

I posted up a thread similar.. I started having BH a few days ago. They've come at least once a day.. and yesterday and today have already had it hit a couple of times. Wondering since it's early if I should be concerned.. Hate to call my dr.. feeling kind of dumb if it's to be expected and nothing... but don't know if I'm doing too much or need to do some adjusting.
Keep me posted on how yours are going.

I posted up a thread similar.. I started having BH a few days ago. They've come at least once a day.. and yesterday and today have already had it hit a couple of times. Wondering since it's early if I should be concerned.. Hate to call my dr.. feeling kind of dumb if it's to be expected and nothing... but don't know if I'm doing too much or need to do some adjusting.

I read that they're supposed to start in the middle of pregnancy, so now is about the right time. I wouldn't worry about it.

All the books say more than 4 in an hour. Also be concerned if they come at regular intervals (10 minutes apart or less). So once I had 3 and drank some water and laid down. They went away. That's all good.

Then I had 6 in less than an hour at 7 minutes apart. My doctor had me go to the hospital, gave me medication to stop them (I was 24 weeks), and put me on bedrest. The discharge note from the hospital told me to call at 6 in an hour or more.

Make sure to drink lots of water, keep your bladder from getting overfull (contradictory, I know, but it can cause contractions), and get lots and lots of rest if you are concerned! Finally if ANYTHING bothers you, call a doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->