Break

MrsE

Reaction score
I'm thinking of booking a 2 or 3 night mid week break in December to Edinburgh. I want to get all festive and have something to look forward to and a few nights away from it all will be great.

Has anyone ever been to Edinburgh in December? What's it like?

Does anyone know of any good hotels in the city centre?

Any advice welcome :D

Cx

Can't help but a break sounds nice :D

youstayuk.co.uk for hotels etc

Ive been to edinburgh a few times but cant reccomend any hotels as i havent stayed at any there.

Youll have to let me know when you do stay, ill jump on a train and come meet you! (if you want to of course! lol)

OMG :shock: The price of some of these hotels is shocking...I only wanna stay a couple of nights not buy the place.

I'm going to do a load of research tonight while Hubby is out watching football. With a glass of Baileys of course =P~

AG - Can I ask you a very strange question, are there any large cemetaries in Edinburgh centre? I have an absolute fear of them at night.
Blame Michael Jackson. I know I'm wierd :oops:

Cx

As far as i know i dont think so...

Its the capital city, what do you expect with prices lol!

What were the price you were looking at?

Nightly Price: £26.00 to £30.00 - Is about average!

I was thinking along the lines of £200 in total for 2/3 nights.

I've found a nice hotel www.inverleithhotel.co.uk only it's a bit of a walk from Princes St in the centre. About 20mins I'd say.
That's £158 for 2 nights or £237 for 3 nights with a 4 poster room.

There was another hotel that looked really nice The Ballantrae but the reviews are terrible, only £180 for 3 nights. One of the reviews the guests had their room changed whilst they were out and no-one knew where there luggage was and then the hotel lost the room key so if anyone had found it they could have walked in and robbed or murdered them :shock:
Another guest says the Porter opened their door at 4.00am to let a drunk guy in who said it was his room. They were in bed (The Perv).

So will keep shopping and see if I can get something classy but closer.

My DH will tell you I'm hard to please :lol:

Thanks Girls

Cx

Where did you get the reviews form?

It was from here Wobbles https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...-The_Ballantrae_Hotel-Edinburgh_Scotland.html

Cx

MrsE said:
I'm thinking of booking a 2 or 3 night mid week break in December to Edinburgh. I want to get all festive and have something to look forward to and a few nights away from it all will be great.

Has anyone ever been to Edinburgh in December? What's it like?

Does anyone know of any good hotels in the city centre?

Any advice welcome :D

Cx

That will be nice, although I have never been :( ............I want to try and get to Germany and go to the Christmas markets, so I am going to work on Paul...........we said we would have a little break, so that sounds perfect for me! :wink:

TAM [/quote]

That will be nice, although I have never been :( ............I want to try and get to Germany and go to the Christmas markets, so I am going to work on Paul...........we said we would have a little break, so that sounds perfect for me! :wink:[/quote]

Aww get Paul to take you for a nice weekend away, they have an ice rink (think you'll have to sit that one out) and the german markets etc.
Sounds great and I lluuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrvvvveee Christmas. :happydance:

Cx

Ohhh I LOVE Christmas too C, I drive Paul mad!!! :lol:

One day he will get used to it :roll:

It looks so lovely over there, he goes over a lot on business so he brings back piccies of all the Christmas scenes and markets, just makes me wanna go all the more!! xx

Nope not going!

No,

Nada,

Not a hope!!

Now Wheeeeyyyyy Hose!!!!

Forget it!!

I SAID.....................................

https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/t0yboy/no-no-no-no1.jpg

I love edinburgh and it is magical at christmas with the lights, the wee markets, the mist and the castle, love love love it.

we stayed at the thistle hotel which is really handy for everything, great rooms at good prices.

have fun honey, pm or msm me if you want more details etc,. i had a ball there for my birthday weekend...
bxox

Not yet, I'm quite keen on the Inverleith Hotel but it's about 15/20 walk from the centre.

I'm going to get DH to sit with me Saturday Afternoon and book something.

I'll let you know what I book, ooh I'm so excited...it's nearly christmas :happydance:

Thanks for all the replies girls and boys of course.

Cx

we are near edinburgh(well 3 hrs in car!!)its great, make sure you go to the chocolate shop!!!!!!

*Update*

Ok, Change of plan!

We've decided to go to York instead. My mum and dad are coming and we all get along great so it'll be nice.

We're going on the train from Manchester to York so DH and dad can enjoy a few drinks and we're staying 3 nights here at the beginning of December www.acerhotel.co.uk/

I'm really looking forward to it now, it'll be all christmassy :happydance:

Charm X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"