Breakfast foods and BLW

m_t_rose

Mommy of Jacob and Julia
Reaction score
What do you normally give your baby for breakfast? I don't want to give LO toast because I don't think it is very nutritious. I always have oatmeal for breakfast so would it mess up my BLW if I had oatmeal and left LO eat rice cereal?

I don't understand? Why would it mess up BLW?

I was going to offer him oatmeal as well but I thought rice cereal would be more nutritious for him then oatmeal.

I thought it might mess up my BLW because right now he isn't able to eat cereal him-self so I have to help him.

Aaah I see, I just give pre-loaded spoons to Theakston. They mostly end up on the floor, mind :D

I give Adam porridge - if it's thick, it globs up sufficiently for them to pick it up. Which is messy but it works. He is ok with pre-loaded spoons but has taken to banging on the table with it (and his fists, especially when holding food). I also don't always eat the same as Adam, I eat some of the same stuff but not all of it, and I have some things he doesn't. Don't think he notices yet, but I might have to change this once he does notice (for example we had bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, tomato and toast yesterday and he didn't have bacon and only a taste of sausage, but his plateful looked similar enough to ours).

I think you can definitely do oatmeal or rice cereal still!

Fruit?

Violet's breakfast usually tends to be rice krispies coated in yogurt (which I have to preload a spoon for her... she can try and dip but doesnt pick anything up lol) or bitesize weetabix coated in yogurt - which she'll just pick up with her fingers.

Violet's breakfast usually tends to be rice krispies coated in yogurt (which I have to preload a spoon for her... she can try and dip but doesnt pick anything up lol) or bitesize weetabix coated in yogurt - which she'll just pick up with her fingers.

Rice Krispies in yogurt sounds like a great idea!!! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->