breakfast ideas BLW

dizzymeg

Reaction score
hi all
olly is 7 months old, and at the stage where he is eating some stuff but just chewing at it and then throwing it around, not finishing anything as such, and cant pick up small things yet like cherrios.
I have given him pear, apples, stawberries, toast, omlette for breaky so far, any other good ideas for a baby at this stage and of this age?
Thanks ladies
Megha
x

toast with fruit/spready cheese/marmite etc.
shreddies, raisin wheats, mini wheatabix.
chopped up fruit.
omlette.
readybrek on a pre loaded spoon.

i found mini wheatabix easy for her to eat at that age, just soak them in a little milk for a min until they are still firm but nor crunchy.

edit: sorry clearly i didnt read the last lin of what you had already tried! :haha:

how did you do the pre loaded spoon thing? not sure how to do that, do I just put stuff on a spoon and leave it there, I am sure it will just fly everywhere!!!

Hi,

I offer pretty much the same kind of stuff as you; so this morning, lo had banana, strawberry, kiwi, then some toast with cream cheese. I also generally put a pile of either porridge made with milk, scrambled egg or sugar free rice pudding in front of him at some point and he grabs handfuls of this and shoves it in his mouth:haha: Loves it!

He often has some yoghurt at some stage too - the way I do pre-loaded spoons is by loading them up and then handing them to him and he generally shoves them in his mouth (can't quite get it all off yet) and then he plays with the spoon, so I load up another and hand it to him and he drops spoon no.1 and takes spoon no.2. we then alternate 1 and 2 until he starts chucking the contents at me! He hasn't quite mastered how to pick up the spoon himself yet but I do leave him to play/practice at the end of a meal if he's not too tired. God, I hope that wasn't too complicate to follow!

Oh, and sausages and pancakes (not necessarily together!) can make a good breakfast. I often don't get too hung up on 'traditional' breakfast food either - sometimes my lo has left over lasagne and green beans if that's what happens to be nearest in the fridge!

x

oh yes pancakes! LO loves pancakes, although i usually give her savoury ones for lunch.

for the pre loaded spoon i put the stuff on and hand it to LO.although you can just place it on the tray and let them pick it up but i think yours may be a bit young for that. initially id did go everywhere as she liked to bang it of her tray/wave it in the air but she is a pro now and prefers eating of her fork to with her fingers.

oo great advice re pre loaded spoon, will give that a go over the weekend when OH is here to get food thrown at him too haha.
pancakes could be a winner for the weekend too

what kind of yoghurt do u give babies? is the little stars stuff the better stuff or are there other ones that are better? can you just give them natural yoghurt? and what cream cheese is best? just good ol philidelphia?

i give philidelphia :thumbup: -just make sure its the full fat one.
and i also give natural yoghurt either plain or with fruit puree mixed in. most of the fromase frais are really high in sugar but i find the little yeo ones are the best of a bad bunch and buy them as well.

hmmm
porriage with a preloaded spoon ( i mix yogurt or fruit purree into it for flavour )
weetbix again on a spoon
fruit
pancakes
omlette
toast
eggy toast
rice cakes with vegemite or peanutbutter ( adult rice cakes Kallo ones i find best )
he even gets a fry up when we have one, hashbrowns, sausages, toast, scrambled eggs and beans )

ooooo eggy toast, good call, I love that, right, thats good options ladies, thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->