Breaking the Rules of Pregnancy

any cheese is fine as long as it's been pasteurised....... otherwise there is a risk of listeria.

Crossing your legs can cut off your circulation to your lower body..... and the baby, that's why we aren't supposed to do it. it can also make it harder for the baby to engage as you've squished your pelvis up when your legs are crossed.

Sunny side up eggs with butter toast sound good, sure I would eat that! and had whip cream too... I like cold cuts and no one can stop me! :rofl:

I have been behaving on not climbing all over. ;) so much that I turned into a fat glob!

I'm only 7 weeks but so far I have:
been skiing twice (but only in very quiet resorts and I've been taking it very easy)
been iceskating (there were only 6 people on the rink!)
had a glass of champagne
lifted lots of heavy-ish things

Its the activity things I find more difficult to give up as I jog and cycle most days and my job is fairly physical too.

oh man, I feel like a right goody-two-shoes now. . .iv not done any of these things!!

Not touched a drop of alcohol since May-if im honest I didnt really like the taste if it before anyways. I think eggs are REVOLTING :blush: so wouldnt really choose to eat them anyways.

Not a big fan of ice cream either. . .er actually make that food in general. :dohh:

Im a bit all over th place with my pregnacare though. . .although if I forget then then OH reminds me. :rofl: :hugs:

For about 12 weeks all I would/could eat was chips (very nutritious for bump!! pah)
I'm obsessed with fried eggs, I have them only slightly runny so I let myself off.
Had a glass of wine.
I'm now kinda watching my weight, just stopping the junk & starchy carbs because they aren't agreeing with me anymore!

xXx

I gave up taking Pregnacare - they were way too big and I kept gagging on them :cry: I took tiny folic acid tablets pre-pregnancy and until I got my :bfp: then I switched to Pregnacare. When I gave that up I went back to the little folic acid ones until 15 weeks when the packet ran out.

I've also crossed my legs a couple of times, but not often. I did today for nearly two hours and the back on my knee was killing afterwards!!

I have had a small glass of wine, peanut butter and some salami.

I have been good apart from the eggs!!! a hard boiled egg is just not the same!!! We are lucky, we get our eggs from the garden centre over the road from us and they are free range VERY fresh(laid the morning you buy them fresh!!) and they are sooooo tasty I'm gonna risk it!!!! I'm glad we are all doing this I don't feel quite so bad now!!!
I have had to stop lifting heavy things as my back hurts if I do...

Hmmmm think I've had a bit of soft cheese thats it, can't cross my legs they're too fat!! :blush:

I do like to fall asleep with ankles crossed though, does that habe the same affect?

Uhm i did everything wrong with food, i helped in building our house and worked with horses till the end..also i did watch what i ate. I was totally of the opinion pregnant not ill :)

Just licked the bowl after making brownies....oops but I couldn't help myself:blush:

I ate the best part of an entire brie triangle early on in the pregnancy because I didn't realise it wasn't allowed. I've had peanut butter a couple of times and always lie on my back. I find it so much more comfy than on my side!

You're allowed peanut butter and other nut products, they only advise people with food allergies in the immediate family to avoid nuts and nut product as they're very nutritious....not sure how nutritious Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are though and I've ate them most mornings:rofl::blush:

ive had a runny egg, a slice of toast with pate, some ham , some salami, and frankfurters. I have picked up a few heavy boxes while moving, have been up and down a step ladder to wall paper, paint and hang curtains. I gave up smoking and alcohol and havent touched cold seafood or soft cheese. I think im pretty good all in all :)

You're allowed peanut butter and other nut products, they only advise people with food allergies in the immediate family to avoid nuts and nut product as they're very nutritious....not sure how nutritious Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are though and I've ate them most mornings:rofl::blush:

Anyone with any allergies or asthma is advised to avoid nuts. I have allergies, hubby has both allergies and asthma so there was no way I was risking it, even though neither of us has any food allergies at all.

Just licked the bowl after making brownies....oops but I couldn't help myself:blush:

Oooh yes!!! You can't make cakes without licking the bowl!!! Whats the point of making them if you don't!!!:rofl:

Anyone with any allergies or asthma is advised to avoid nuts. I have allergies, hubby has both allergies and asthma so there was no way I was risking it, even though neither of us has any food allergies at all.

I forgot to ask for my Pad Thai to come without crushed peanuts when i was taken out to lunch today :(

I forgot to ask for my Pad Thai to come without crushed peanuts when i was taken out to lunch today :(

Oh well....it is only a precaution. Lets face it....I know a tonne of people with asthma etc and I don't know anyone with a peanut allergy. I know it appears to be more common now but the chances are still pretty small:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->