Breaking the Rules of Pregnancy

i think once in a while with all the food don'ts is probably OK, it's the 'must have this everyday or the sky falls in' that is probably the problem.

Common sense!

It's alcohol I've struggled with.:blush: I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but do like a drink. Before I was pg, I would have a drink every night (glass of wine, G&T or V&C), and about once a month, we'd have a bbq at my mates house which involved me falling over at some point in the night.:blush: I was very good in the 1st trimester. Now I have a glass of red wine when I go to the pub or half a guinness. I had a Bailey's the other night too.

I've had runny eggs too.:blush:

Been good about everything else though.

I feel better for reading these posts as before I knew I was pregnant ( i found out at just gone 3 months) I still did what I liked.

I never took any folic acid although in my defence do drink a load of Ovaltine which as it in.
I had loads of runny eggs, and had one occasion before I knew where I had quite a bit to drink.

I have had the occasional glass of wine since but only very occasionally as people tell me its Ok.

I also ate loads of Brie at the begging although been really good since I found out, the only naughty things I have done since found out are, havebeen on a step ladder reaching up to strip all wallpaper off walls in kitchen and paint them, lifted a few boxes jsut where was moving nothing really heavy, just ones I shouldnt really have lifted, but I would have had to tell people I was pregnant if didnt carry them in my defence.

Oh and eaten a little bit of Quiche with Mayo, but thought that was Ok as mayo was with pasterised eggs which are Ok and Quiche was cooked.

As my mum says in her lovely way of putting things "IF all these things your not to eat were around when you and your brother where little you'd both be dead as I ate them all and there nothing wrong with you".

Also my nan says she ate all that sort of stuff when she was pregnant with mum and mum doesnt even have any allergies and she also used to have a guiness every day, her excuse was always it has iron in it which is good for your blood.

I figure although am trying to stick to the what to list, if I do slip up which havent done that much since knowing. What harm can it do anyway if it didnt hurt me why will it now hurt my baby?

Or is there something the government not telling us about the way they treat our foods before we get them these days?????

While I'm not someone to jump at every little scare, I have to say that the foods that have been found to carry risks during pregnancy do just that - they carry risks, not certainties. While yes, many of our mothers will have eaten foods now thought to be risky and we are all fine, there are goodness knows how many miscarriages or birth defects etc out there that we have no personal experience of but aren't any less real.

I can't claim to have done any first hand academic research or even looked at the studies myself, but if I'm advised by a medical professional to avoid xyz because studies have shown it to carry a high risk of abc, then I'm going to listen to that advice.

I think I forget the pregnacare more days than I actually take it and apart from 1/2 a white wine and soda on my birthday I've been very good on the food front.
HOWEVER the physical front is a whole different ball game. I'm painted the landing, stairs and nursery, been up numerous ladders and even got wedged trying to get the xmas tree out of the loft, much to my DH disgust and I did get a severe telling off. I'm also still instructing gymnastics in my spare time but have to get someone else to move the huge crash mats now.

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev066pbs__.png

I thinks the only time i've been naughty is when I had a few sips of OH's guinness on halloween. I never really had any of the things we're banned from before I got pregnant, I've never liked eggs/pate and I likes my steak well done anyway :p
x

I am addicted to runny eggs on toast or waffles, like a small glass of wine once a week and eat prawns all the time.

Let's see,... I ran out of Folic Acid about three weeks ago and just now replaced the bottle (but I did take it for four months before getting pregnant:blush:)
I have had soft eggs on toast a few times
I have ate a lot of hot dogs... but I always boil them to the point of exploding.
I had a sip of my husbands wine last night, but really just a little sip as I am not a big drinker to begin with.
I gave up drinking any kind of pop (soda/soft drink) when we got pregnant but have found this the hardest thing to give up as I used to live on Diet Pepsi, so I will addmit that I alow myself a rootbeer pop now whenever we go out to the movies, but that is the only time I have it, it is sorta my little treat that I very much look forward to.
Other than that I have been good I guess, I have stayed away from luncheon meat although I am seriously craving a big ham sandwich :hissy:

Mainly the thing I feel the worst about is not eating enough or as often as I know I should. I have never been a big eater and never really craved full meals, I am quite happy to pick at food throughout the day.... but nw I am really trying to have three actual meals plus snacks and I am finding it a bit overwhelming.

Let's see,... I ran out of Folic Acid about three weeks ago and just now replaced the bottle (but I did take it for four months before getting pregnant:blush:)
I have had soft eggs on toast a few times
I have ate a lot of hot dogs... but I always boil them to the point of exploding.
I had a sip of my husbands wine last night, but really just a little sip as I am not a big drinker to begin with.
I gave up drinking any kind of pop (soda/soft drink) when we got pregnant but have found this the hardest thing to give up as I used to live on Diet Pepsi, so I will addmit that I alow myself a rootbeer pop now whenever we go out to the movies, but that is the only time I have it, it is sorta my little treat that I very much look forward to.
Other than that I have been good I guess, I have stayed away from luncheon meat although I am seriously craving a big ham sandwich :hissy:

Mainly the thing I feel the worst about is not eating enough or as often as I know I should. I have never been a big eater and never really craved full meals, I am quite happy to pick at food throughout the day.... but nw I am really trying to have three actual meals plus snacks and I am finding it a bit overwhelming.

You only need to take folic acid in the first trimester.

Fizzy drinks are fine, as is ham. And it's probably best to eat little and often if that's what you're used to as it will help keep your metabolism going and provide regular energy for both you and the baby.

:)

I've had countless mcflurries and a couple of runny eggs that's about it. Oh and the first thing I did when i found out I was pregnant was have my last cigarette haven't touched one since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->