Breakthrough Bleed? Confused

Pink Lace

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm just curious: I stopped the pill on June 11th and had my regular period June 14th--17th. Is break-through bleeding considered different than that, or was that it? Also, no sign of a regular period yet.....
I'm confused, ha ha ha
Thanks for your time!!!

Hi there! I was under the impression that break-through bleeding was "spotting" or bleeding in the middle or during your cycle, not really around the time AF should/would be coming. Hope this helps!

Hi there! I was under the impression that break-through bleeding was "spotting" or bleeding in the middle or during your cycle, not really around the time AF should/would be coming. Hope this helps!

Oh! Ok....well, I HAVE had some red blood intermixed when I wipe after sex (sorry, TMI here!!) Could that have been it? Probably a week, week and a half ago....I was thinking that it is something that happens differently than that, mama mia. Lots to learn here. Thank you kindly! :)

Your first period after stopping the bcp is NOT a real AF...that is just a withdrawal blees like you would have every month on inactive pills....

Your first period after stopping the bcp is NOT a real AF...that is just a withdrawal blees like you would have every month on inactive pills....

Ok. Well, I'm still waiting for my first real period after the bcp then. Very interesting to see what happens :) Hope things are good with everyone!

i stopped the pill around a month or so ago, and had my withdraw bleed a few days after aswell! but ive just had my first 'real' period! your next one should be a real one! i noticed the difference because i had my 'really bad priod pains'that i completly forgot i sufferd with, but my Pill was softning them! so rubbish!! hope your okay xxx

Hi Pink Lace. I would have considered the bleed that you had just after your pill would have been withdrawal and you are now awaiting your real one which should be anytime soon.

I didn't have a withdrawal bleed as I never had a period on my pill (mini-pill), so does this mean that the bleed that I am having now is not a real one? Surely a withdrawal bleed wouldn't take 34 day to come out would it? I'm confused now. All the days add up from when I too my last pill and when I felt O pains etc so I do hope this is the real thing.

Hi Pink Lace,

What BCP were you on? I stopped mine in May and had withdrawal bleed stright away and then about 5 weeks later had my first real AF. Mine was much lighter than my usual AFs on BCP which is weird but guess its just part of the body adjusting.

Lots of luck and keep posting as I love hearing updates from the lovely ladies who came off BCP at a similar time to me. Baby dust to everyone xx

Hi Pink Lace,

What BCP were you on? I stopped mine in May and had withdrawal bleed stright away and then about 5 weeks later had my first real AF. Mine was much lighter than my usual AFs on BCP which is weird but guess its just part of the body adjusting.

Lots of luck and keep posting as I love hearing updates from the lovely ladies who came off BCP at a similar time to me. Baby dust to everyone xx

Hi there! I was on (most recently, for a few years at least!) Mononessa, then switched to the generic Mononessa, from Walgreen's. I believe I was also on Ortho-Tri Cyclen, but that was back in the day :) Anyway....yes! I took the last of the regular pills June 11th, then had my "period" (as I like to call it) from June 14--17th. From then on it's been birth control free, and as I was on the pill for roughly 15 years, I cannot remember any longer how it was beforehand....so it's kind of this major guessing game now, just looking to see what my body will do, you know? Sooooo, just a tad over a month since my last bleed...any advice? Thanks for your post, and good luck----I too LOVE getting as much info as I can, this is a whole new world now, ha ha! Take care!!!

Hi Pink Lace. I would have considered the bleed that you had just after your pill would have been withdrawal and you are now awaiting your real one which should be anytime soon.

I didn't have a withdrawal bleed as I never had a period on my pill (mini-pill), so does this mean that the bleed that I am having now is not a real one? Surely a withdrawal bleed wouldn't take 34 day to come out would it? I'm confused now. All the days add up from when I too my last pill and when I felt O pains etc so I do hope this is the real thing.

Thank you so much Bec, you are a big help! :flower:

Good luck, I think when you first come of BCP it can be a bit of a guessing game cant it. Its an odd mix of not wanting your period as you want to be pregnant but at the same time you are dying for your period because it means your cycle is getting back to normal!

Im in the weird 2 week wait place. Feeling a bit down really as I have felt nausous all day today but it is too early for morning sickness I only Ov-ed earlier this week! I worry about everything too and part of me doesnt want to drink alcohol or eat anything I shouldnt do incase I am preggers and it harms implantation, but the other half thinks, I am not even officially trying yet, only NTNP so shouldnt I just chill and have some wine if I want and just see what happens.

What a confusing world this baby making is ha ha

Baby dust and keep updating us on whats going on with you guys xxxx

Good luck, I think when you first come of BCP it can be a bit of a guessing game cant it. Its an odd mix of not wanting your period as you want to be pregnant but at the same time you are dying for your period because it means your cycle is getting back to normal!

Im in the weird 2 week wait place. Feeling a bit down really as I have felt nausous all day today but it is too early for morning sickness I only Ov-ed earlier this week! I worry about everything too and part of me doesnt want to drink alcohol or eat anything I shouldnt do incase I am preggers and it harms implantation, but the other half thinks, I am not even officially trying yet, only NTNP so shouldnt I just chill and have some wine if I want and just see what happens.

What a confusing world this baby making is ha ha

Baby dust and keep updating us on whats going on with you guys xxxx

Thank you Mrs. W! I second everything you just said, particularly in the first paragraph!!! I just counted and it's day 38---since June 14th, when my last period started. I have no clue what my body is doing, my stomach feels EXTREMELY bloated right now though, ha ha. Tell me though, while it hasn't happend lately, could the faint-blood-when-you wipe after sex-thing be a symptom of stopping the pill??? It did that for a few days, a little while back....thank you again for your post, keep in touch!! :winkwink: Oh---and hope you feel better, keep us updated!!!

The wait for your first af is horrible isn't. Until it turned up on Thursday last week. I just thought I was pregnant for the nearly 5 weeks as I didn't even have withdrawal. It was 34 days from my last pill to the first day of af so all is not lost.

Keep your chin up x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->