Breast feeding & a drink

Yep, I love a drink to wind down at night aswell (finding it hard to resist a drink during this pregnancy!)

Like Helen, I had a glass of wine or beer most nights when Olivia was small, I tried to have it after a feed so the alcohol content (even though it's only a very small amount that goes into breastmilk anyway) would not be present in my milk at the next feed.

I've been on plenty of benders since having Olivia and I just expressed a couple of feeds two days before (she only used to take abur 3 or 4oz each feed when I was away) then feed her from about 10am the following day.

When can you start expressing - straight away? Just curious more than anything.

Expressing is confusing me lol ... How often can you express to freeze milk for example?

I would wait until your milk supply is settled so about 4-6 weeks. I was advised 6 weeks, but I started at 4 weeks. I normally feed from one side, wind and then o0ffer SAME breast. Often say swop but i find if u swop too often lo not getting enough of the hind milk, so i would only swop if still wanted more after 2 1/2 hour feeds. Often means lo not fed from one side so i will then express that side. You can also if you wish express between feeds, although this will increase your supply.

I freeze in either 2oz or 4oz amounts, so ready for a feed when required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->